George Soros hands control of multibillion-dollar foundation to son

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
The financier George Soros, the billionaire investor and liberal donor, has handed control of his multi-billion-dollar foundation to his son, Alexander.

The 92-year-old, who memorably made $1bn betting against the British pound and “breaking the Bank of England” in a catastrophic financial event in 1992 that became known as Black Wednesday, had said previously that he did not want his Open Society Foundations (OSF) to be taken over by any of his five children.

However, Soros has now named his son Alexander as chairman of one of the wealthiest global philanthropic foundations. “He’s earned it,” said Soros, whose personal fortune is valued at $6.7bn.

The 37-year-old, who was quietly appointed in December, said he was “more political” than his father and that he planned to continue donating family money to left-leaning US political candidates, in an interview with the Wall Street Journal on Sunday.

More:

I guess George must be seeing his event horizon nearing.

The real unanswered question of this story is who is the puppet master who told old George that it was time to retire?

I think it's just as interesting that the previous heri-apparent, a son from his first marriage got passed over. He also helped smooth out his investment fund at one time.

I read a post where he's quoted as saying he's more political than dad...

Birds of a feather....

What you bet they flock together?

Managing money while spending huge quantities of it to overthrow the civilized world, is a balancing act.

And I don't think this (expletive) is gonna be up to it.

How MANY scions have failed to follow their fathers, have run their businesses into ruin? Henry Ford, the scheming, distrustful, impulsive self-made engineer. His son, the businessman, everything his father was not. Which was why Old Henry, senile by that time, destroyed son Edsel.

Henry II, the grandson...a society playboy, whose only real virtue was, he knew how little he knew and got good advice and guidance early. That functional humility left him by age 50, and he turned Grandpa's business into a battleground of office politics.

And now, Henry II's nephew, Billy Ford, is woker than Woke. He is a COMPLEAT incompetent, and now, with ESG and emotional support from the motherWEFfers...he's busily destroying what's left of a 120-year-old business.

I don't think this (pejorative) with dweeb glasses is gonna take that long.

Back
Top Bottom