German buys cabinet, finds gold bars hidden inside

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
... and turns them in to the police. :noevil:

d2789a4ddb43f4d0ea1a1af191856c574de07c2dc26e3d90b685fbde6b364daa.jpg

... a man from Bremen found three gold bars worth €83,500 euros in an old kitchen cabinet.

He had bought the cabinet at a furniture exchange, a spokeswoman for the interior senator of the Hanseatic city in northwest Germany said on Tuesday.

The bars - a total of 2.5 kg of gold - were probably hidden for decades in an envelope on the back wall of a drawer.

They currently have an estimated value of around €83,500 - according to the Senate. And the man who found it will not walk away empty handed; he will receive around €2,500.

https://www.thelocal.de/20180920/treasure

Well, I was going to say another idiot broadcasting his find, but he's even dumber than that.

I couldn't get the video to play. Where did this one happen?

I have no idea. Like most stories now days there's little to no information in the text portion & god forbid anyone practices actual journalism to get the who, when, where, what, why & how's of a story that they taught us in grade school. They mention the appraisal house, but that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom