Germany, France plan quick new Stability Pact

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DSAbug

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
This might be the QE the market has been asking for...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/27/us-eurozone-integration-ecb-idUSTRE7AQ00F20111127

Germany, France plan quick new Stability Pact: report

"The European Commission could take on supra-national powers,"

How sad that the politicians will sell out their countries to the banking cabal. Do the European people have the stones to stand up for themselves? Does anyone make decisions with a long term view of the future any more?

What is the difference between the UK and the US on the one hand and the EU on the other hand? In terms of goverment debt, there is only the printing press of their central banks. As soon as the ECB starts buying unlimited amounts of bonds like the FED and the BOE, the Euro crisis will dissapear from the news for a while.
Once German politicians realize that, they will dishonour their sound monetary traditions and welcome the ECBs QE.

Christmas is a European holiday too... I don't see the sales reports for EU that we see plastered on our TV's like here in the US. But, I'm pretty sure a big weekend of sales on both sides of the pond would make some movements in the EUR/USD, amirite?

A counterpoint view from AEP:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...Should-the-Fed-save-Europe-from-disaster.html

IMHO...

I think we've reached the point where they are going to throw the kitchen sink at this. IMF, ECB, FED... We all knew it was going to happen, it was just a matter of when conditions would be right for intervention. Italian yields over 8% probably qualifies.

I did, it was already pretty in the green, so I just held today - it was going my way all day again.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…