Germany Merkel cell phone hacked BS

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

My theory, Merkel (and the rest of the world) doesn't much care for Obama and so she's giving him a swirly just for the fun of it. :popcorn:

Last edited:
At the old house- I wanted to bug the one neighbors cell phone. So I looked into it. The gadget could be found and modified for about $600. I decided I did not want it bad enough to pay $600 for....

I would hazard a guess and say that Angela Merkel isn't the only victim of NSA spying. This administration has done more to damage our relations with foreign nations than any other administration in history. If we lose our Saudi oil connection because of this president and his inept handling of all things Middle Eastern, we could be in for some tough times ahead.

I read a piece in The Mail Online and it spoke of Saudi diplomats complaining of Obamas policy of appeasing the Muslim Brotherhood, backing down from Syria and general meddling in the affairs of countries everywhere when we're not wanted. He also complained about the rampant rise in drone assassinations and the collateral damage, also called civilian deaths, which this administration justifies as a wider effort to "root out extremists" in Pakistan. Obama isn't even trying to hide his complete disdain for Israel anymore, and eventually, they will do just as they wanted their lap-dog [the USA] to do and attack Iran. When that happens, and it will, we will lose whatever allies remain in the region.

Last edited:
I would hazard a guess and say that Angela Merkel isn't the only victim of NSA spying. this administration has done more to damage our relations with foreign nations than any other administration in history. If we lose our Saudi oil connection because of this president and his inept handling of all things Middle Eastern, we could be in for some tough times ahead.

I read a piece in The Mail Online and it spoke of Saudi diplomats complaining of Obamas policy of appeasing the Muslim Brotherhood, backing down from Syria and general meddling in the affairs of countries everywhere when we're not wanted. He also complained about the rampant rise in drone assassinations and the collateral damage, also called civilian deaths, which this administration justifies as a wider effort to "root out extremists" in Pakistan. Obama isn't even trying to hide his complete disdain for Israel anymore, and eventually, they will do just as they wanted their lap-dog [the USA] to do and attack Iran. When that happens, and it will, we will lose whatever allies remain in the region.

This Saudi change in attitude is really a watershed moment for us. There are forces working continuously to overthrow the kingdom of Saud and our President has offended and scared them. I am no expert but I think when you offend the Royal family you've done a really dumb thing. The stakes are enormous. If the Arab revolution extremists get something going inside Saudi Arabia we would be watching a fight over who controls Mecca on the religious side, and who controls oil on the geopolitical. Israel is not going to sit idly by and watch nukes get into the hands of these religious fanatics. This is truly a nightmare scenario for us and the world. :paperbag:

And Peru trades more with China than they do with the USA.

All of this FOREIGN NSA spying (and foreign complaining) is such BS..., Air France for decades has bugged every seat in First Class...

I read that the real reason for the shift in Saudi position is that China now imports more oil then the US. ...

This was touched on in the tin foil hats thread:

http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f13/tin-...-perspective-vortex-75/index11.html#post25808

However, simply not being the #1 customer isn't enough to explain a shift in a long standing political relationship alliance. There are two big contributing factors IMO. The first is that their monarch is old and struggling with health problems over the last few years. His potential successors don't have the history with US relations that he does. Second is the US' failure to dance like a puppet in doing their bidding in the ME militarily.

This was touched on in the tin foil hats thread:

http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f13/tin-...-perspective-vortex-75/index11.html#post25808

However, simply not being the #1 customer isn't enough to explain a shift in a long standing political relationship alliance. There are two big contributing factors IMO. The first is that their monarch is old and struggling with health problems over the last few years. His potential successors don't have the history with US relations that he does. Second is the US' failure to dance like a puppet in doing their bidding in the ME militarily.

#3 even if we could dance like a puppet we are shrinking our military so it won't be long before we are more like a finger puppet.

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/10/why-are-world-leaders-acting-surprised.html#more

Why Are World Leaders Acting Surprised the NSA Spies on Them?
Melissa Melton
Activist Post

Just a simple question.

For months, the entire world has been privy to one Edward Snowden leak after another. The former-NSA contractor turned whistleblower has released one shocking document after another after another (after another), painting the picture with crystal clarity that the U.S. government is officially tapping and spying on the world, including American citizens, Constitution and laws be damned.

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/10/why-are-world-leaders-acting-surprised.html#more

Why Are World Leaders Acting Surprised the NSA Spies on Them?
Melissa Melton
Activist Post

Just a simple question.

For months, the entire world has been privy to one Edward Snowden leak after another. The former-NSA contractor turned whistleblower has released one shocking document after another after another (after another), painting the picture with crystal clarity that the U.S. government is officially tapping and spying on the world, including American citizens, Constitution and laws be damned.

Interesting article. I guess my takeaway would be that these people are all politicians, and like Obama they need a bad guy to keep their own voters riled up about anything other than what they are really doing, which for the most part is enriching themselves and their supporters, and staying in power. So Snowden was a gift from Heaven. They probably can't believe their good fortune in being able to talk about something other than their own dismal economies. :cheers:

Today's Wall Street Journal Headline:
Obama Was Unaware as U.S. Spied On Leaders:
"President Barack Obama went nearly five years without knowing his own spies were bugging the phones of world leaders. Officials said the NSA has so many eavesdropping operations under way that it wouldn't have been practical to brief him on all of them." :noevil:

Back
Top Bottom