GLD gold vaulting is curious

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score

More:

Houston London, we have a problem...

Last edited:
This post may contain affiliate links for which PM Bug gold and silver discussion forum may be compensated.

Gold held by GLD will be stored in vaults located in London, New York and Zurich, according to the World Gold Council’s statement. Before gold was only held in HSBC’s London vault.

Curiously, I am unable to source the actual press release. I searched with DDG & Google and I also tried browsing/searching the WGC's website. I can't find it anywhere.

Interesting how this comes on the heels of the significant outflows of physical from vaults. Is this a sign that HSBC may not have all the physical needed in London (LBMA having fun with accounting?)? Or are they needing to vault gold in NYC to manage inflows/outflows that the London market can't handle?

Not having any specific facts...I'd say, without doubt.

The "paper gold" market is going to tumble. It's times like these that bring down such pyramid schemes; and we're witnessing the Everything Collapse.

Not having any specific facts...I'd say, without doubt.

The "paper gold" market is going to tumble. It's times like these that bring down such pyramid schemes; and we're witnessing the Everything Collapse.

Paper is paper and gold don't grow on trees.

-
nickndfl

IMO, paper gold is about to undergo a humongous sea-change.

Here's my thinking: Just like Bitcoin et al., a trickle becomes a run in mere hours. A run begets a bigger run.

With Bitcoin, at least dots are still there... but the gold has been re-hypothecated hundreds of times per ounce.

This means only the very first to "panic" will get anything at all in real Au. ALL the rest will lose everything. <-- This is an outright powder keg that has been tossed into a campfire, no error.

The 'fine print' in GLD & SLV prospectus' tell you there may not be any gold or silver at the end of the rainbow... and if you come up empty-handed you can't sue either of them.

Ronan Manly is like a pit bull with a bone.

More (very long):

Last edited:
This post may contain affiliate links for which PM Bug gold and silver discussion forum may be compensated.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…