Gold price rise after this deflation

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Potemkin

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
While it's disappointing many, I see this deflationary period as an opportunity to buy up even more gold. It may never be so cheap again.

Deflation is draggin' it down, but I'll be a monk if they don't try tackling this deflation with a little money printing. After they're done with tapering, the= dollar will be too expensive and the western economies have already slowed down, too many dollars returning to the US, so I think Maloney is right when he speaks about the possibility of hyperinflation following this deflation.

Gold will fall and the deflation will eventually stop. Then, hyperinflation will make gold much more expensive:
http://www.primevalues.org/investors-guide/hyperinflation-deflationary-crisis.htm

I think it would even be an opportunity to get rich.

But this could take years, many years and it is all about good timing.

No need to worry about timing if you are steadily stacking. DCA will take care of the rest.

I've been [very, very] slowly accumulating more silver, and will continue to do so until I see some sharp rises.

I've been [very, very] slowly accumulating more silver, and will continue to do so until I see some sharp rises.

I think you should wait a bit more. It is going down.

If it goes down to 10-12 $, then you could buy the same amount of ounces for 2/3 of today's price.

:clap:

Hilarious, but what if indeed, silver crashes to 5 bucks?

I think you should wait a bit more. It is going down.

If it goes down to 10-12 $, then you could buy the same amount of ounces for 2/3 of today's price.

:clap:

If one could accurately predict that silver would definitely go to those levels, you would be absolutely correct.

However, since NO ONE can know that now, the prudent (Ancona, et alia) will continue stacking at the current prices whatever they may be. They may not buy at the best price, but if silver never gets that low they will at least have some silver when the price recovers. Those that try to buy at the bottom almost always miss the boat and never get to ride the next wave up.

I'm kind of torn on gold. While I appreciate it's well off it's highs, it's nowhere near 1/2 it's highs like silver is. So while I buy a little gold, it seems like I'm getting better value in silver, for now at least. In 2 years, maybe gold is at $2k and silver is at $10 then I'll just have to kick myself for not buying more gold and less silver. If only my crystal ball wasn't so foggy.

I could easily see silver doubling and tripling on it's next breakout. I don't see gold going that far, but who knows. GSR up above 73. Silver looks like a better value right now to me also.

The PTB have been working their magic in the shadows, but I believe that recent slam downs in silver/gold are at least partially caused by selling of paper that raised cash to cover other things. The easiest thing to sell would likely be silver and gold, even if it means taking a hit, since it is so fungible. Selling shares of companies can be problematic at times, as can shares of thinly traded issues.

Back
Top Bottom