Gold stock (revaluation) can be used to rebuild if TSHTF (Dutch Central Bank)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
I saw this posted at ZH. I didn't attach the same level of importance to it that ZH did, but I do find it curious. Someone at the DNB probably going to lose their job after letting this get published (emphasis is mine):
https://www.dnb.nl/en/payments/goud/index.jsp

But how could that be? Don't they know metals like Gold & Silver are worthless?

Yes I also saw this but on another website and when you read the words its a fairly neutral statement from DNB. Why wouldnt you offer a bit of worst case scenario ? -

https://www.dnb.nl/en/payments/goud/index.jsp#

and I cannot establish a date for it ..........

The ZH treatment of it is a fairly typical example of ZH's need for drama.

What surprised me the most upon reading it was that an editor of content for the website of a central bank apparently thought it OK to allow a comment hypothesizing the ultimate failure of the institution. I mean, it's supposed to be one of those elephants in the room that no one acknowledges.

More:

From the article;

"the international monetary system can be deleveraged and stabilized by a substantial higher price of gold. More gold (a higher value) on the balance sheets of central banks increases the ratio of hard assets (gold) against international credit assets (foreign exchange), and hard assets against credit liabilities"

As of last thursday the federal reserve valued it's gold at 42 bucks an ounce plus change on it's balance sheet.

Jan's latest post on this subject:
More (long):

More (long and fascinating):

Around the 11:20 mark, Andrew Maguire talks about gold revaluation. He claims the Jubilee happens early 2024.

More:

If TSHTF-EOTWAWKI - the rebuilding won't need gold.

It will need MATERIALS and SKILLED LABOR.

I guess this is the banksters and arbitragers all showing their Normalcy Bias. Yeah, a devastated world needs MONEY MEN!

I don't think so. That comes after trade, which comes after surplus, which comes after back-breaking WORK.

However what will the people supplying the materials and skilled labour want in consideration for their products?

However what will the people supplying the materials and skilled labour want in consideration for their products?
Food...liquor...nookie...just like with all devastated societies, postwar, post-disaster, whatever.

Only when the dust settles, and a new normal asserts, will trade for tokens, chits, representations, begin.

A man who hasn't eaten in two days, isn't going to take logs off your wagon...for a gold coin. Not happening.

DYODD............

Inside The European Union's Secret Plan For Gold​

Dec 6, 2023

15:17

The EU has a plan for gold that not many expected. If we track data for gold for some nations that are in the EU or want to be, we have an indication of what is to come.

In a SHTF scenario I will finally realize the true value of my beanie baby collection. That thing is gonna keep me in high cotton for years!

Was re-reading this thread this morning and realized that it does not yet contain an obligatory reference:

Tradition!

More commentary on the issue (decent summary):

Went from $20.67 to $35 or +69% in 1934!

A similar move would put gold @ $3400+ today.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…