Goldman Sachs Creating Artificial Shortages of Metals - Rigging Markets and Profiting! Must Watch

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jprich16

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Goldman Sachs Creating Artificial Shortages of Metals - Rigging Markets and Profiting! Must Watch

I think it's getting more media coverage because there was a senate committee meeting on it yesterday.

"Should Goldman And JPMorgan Control Power Plants, Warehouses And Oil Refiners?" - Live Senate Webcast

No really, that is the actual name of the hearing that the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs will hold today in order to "clarify" why banks like Goldman are currently the owners of the largest aluminum warehouse in the US, or why Goldman, JPM and BlackRock are set to control 80% of all copper stores. The hearing's official name: "Examining Financial Holding Companies: Should Banks Control Power Plants, Warehouses, and Oil Refineries?"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-...er-plants-warehouses-and-oil-refiners-live-se

I watched some of it, it was pretty good actually.

be more interesting when they decide to create an artificial shortage in a couple of other metals .........

oh, they did .........

same job but different result though.

Odd that .........

Frankly I dont trust the bank with anything. If they are involved, chances are there is manipulation and the house always wins.

What we find out... now I know how much suffering the aluminum from my drink can goes through!

I can only hope they will bring gold's and silver price high as well :)

What we find out... now I know how much suffering the aluminum from my drink can goes through!

I can only hope they will bring gold's and silver price high as well :)

Maybe...but I'm sure beach shelters will now go through the roof! :rimshot:

:)

-Q

Even if there was an investigation and even if they did bring a judgement against the Banks, the fines are never enough to really bring any justice or repair. The bank pays a small bill and moves on. Disgusting.

lol.

LONDON, May 12 (Reuters) - Wait times to get metal out of warehouse firms owned by trade house Glencore and bank Goldman Sachs stretch up to two years, according the London Metal Exchange's (LME) first report detailing backlogs at its global network of depots.

Lengthy logjams at warehouses monitored by the LME, the world's oldest and biggest market for industrial metals, prompted bitter criticism by consumers and sparked a wide-ranging reform programme at the exchange.

The LME's new report, covering the month of April, showed the backlogs were concentrated at four warehouse locations and with three major warehouse operators.

The LME already publishes data on inventory levels by location and metal, but up until now has not published the amount of stock held by individual companies.

A court ruling in March halted a key element of the reforms, but the LME has pressed on with many other aspects, including boosting transparency.

The LME report showed the longest queue was just over two years, or 748 calendar days, for aluminium at Pacorini warehouses in the Dutch port of Vlissingen and the second longest was 683 days at Metro depots in Detroit.

Pacorini Metals is owned by commodity group Glencore Xstrata and Metro International Trade Services is a unit of Goldman Sachs.

The owners of warehouses have profited through rental charges by letting long queues build up for buyers to withdraw metal. Some also keep huge stocks of aluminium tied up, unavailable to manufacturers, in long-term financing deals.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/12/lme-warehouse-idUSL6N0NY2TL20140512

Back
Top Bottom