Goldmart down

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

superhero

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
Been on their site checking prices since last night.

It was slow this AM. Now it's malfunctioning. Can't log in, and get an error message when I try to see my cart. Guess too many people are taking advantage of the dip in prices.

Last edited:
I just tried to visit their home page. I got this:
There has been an error processing your request

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Error log record number: 569837436587

Magento is a trademark of Magento Inc. Copyright © 2010 Magento Inc.

Looks like they are having some sort of database issue (corrupting their shopping cart application).

I'd just blame it all on Magento. That shopping cart is a mess.

Either way, it's never fun when your website goes down.

Looks like they're back up.

I have 3 tubes of ASEs, a gold bar and a sack of Walking Liberties in my cart. Questions are:

1) Whether to add one more item to get free shipping.
2) Whether to wait and see if silver prices break through the $32.50 support.

I hope you didn't wait. Looks like metals are pushing back up this morning.

Uh hmmm. No I got caught up thinking it'd drop a bit more, and missed out on POS = $32.70. My cart went from $6330, to $6250, back to $6315.

Still lower than when I started last Thursday. Maybe I should just stop waiting and do it.

Let us know after you pull the trigger so we can take advantage of the imminent sale. :p

You first. =)

Think I've mentioned my first purchase was on 06/06, the ONLY day in a few months where silver was over $29. The next 2 purchases were okay, think one of them may have even been when silver was under $27.

Unfortunately I'm one of those guys who over-analyzes everything and end up not doing anything.

You first. =)

Think I've mentioned my first purchase was on 06/06, the ONLY day in a few months where silver was over $29. The next 2 purchases were okay, think one of them may have even been when silver was under $27.

Unfortunately I'm one of those guys who over-analyzes everything and end up not doing anything.

I suppose it could be worse; you're wife could nix your' purchase after you have mentally committed (which has happened to me a few times).

Let us know after you pull the trigger so we can take advantage of the imminent sale. :p

BTW, shouldn't DoChenRollingBearing do the same? I believe he was the last brave soul who publicly admitted to taking a bath.

BTW, shouldn't DoChenRollingBearing do the same? I believe he was the last brave soul who publicly admitted to taking a bath.

tells me there must be a lot of stinky folks on this site....

We should all be so fortunate to be cleansed daily or weekly. In the long run, we'll come out smelling like roses.

Public Service Announcement:

Get your checkbook out because the price of gold and silver are getting ready to drop. Just placed an order 5 minutes ago.

__:judge:
ME

just got Bix Weirs stock email (the worlds gonna end next week) to buy groceries this weekend cause its all unwinding next week. Can't count how many times its been next week anymore. yeah, DoChenRollingBearing, I know how much you like him....

still, if silver does go to the moon Monday I'll be crying cause I missed a chance....

just got Bix Weirs stock email (the worlds gonna end next week) to buy groceries this weekend cause its all unwinding next week. Can't count how many times its been next week anymore. yeah, DoChenRollingBearing, I know how much you like him....

still, if silver does go to the moon Monday I'll be crying cause I missed a chance....

He also said Ron Paul would win the GOP nomination. Good thing he doesn't live in Old Testament times. He would have been stoned to death for false prophecy. (Mind you, there's a whole lot of these guys that, while I find much good in their writings, are very often wrong in their predictions - Turd Ferguson, Lindsay Williams, Jason Hommel, etc.)

Public Service Announcement:

Get your checkbook out because the price of gold and silver are getting ready to drop. Just placed an order 5 minutes ago.

__:judge:
ME

Thanks for the heads up, everything dropped today!
:rotflmbo:

You should sell your market predictions in the future.
:rimshot:

Less than 24 hours and I'm clean as a whistle.

Here's a pic of me earlier taking a bath. :flushed:

Don't feel bad, your not even close to my worst bath. The most I paid for silver eagles last year before the crash was $45 a pop. I am still waiting on that one to break even.
:paperbag:

Better the ounce in the hand than two "in the bush".

Back
Top Bottom