Dead: Goldmart

No longer in business

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

1.00 star(s)
1 Rating - Raters
28 Days later

The monster box of Indian head rounds I ordered finally arrived. Through out the month I contacted them several times with, not outright, thoughts of reporting them to the Nevada AG Consumer Division for advertising fraud. Like their website moniker stating " In Stock, Read to Ship". I patiently waited for the 7 business days after my check confirmation arrived. Waited for another week, then started contacting them. When I brought this time line up to Maria's attention...she threw the small print 30 days to get supply from the bullion vault or dealer at me. So I stopped after about 19 days....decided to wait "Their" 30 days. Well, on the 28th day I got a email (shipping & UPS Number) and 5 days later my UPS package arrived. #1. Never more. #2. I copied and pasted my text messaging off their site and saved it in word. I copied their website screens, payment and processing sections and everything else I need to put a package together to send to the AG Office for False advertising. I am making other copies for the FTC and their complaint bureau and even the US Mail Fraud Section. I paid for by Personal Check and expected certain provisions to be met by the advertising on their site and those expectations due to fraudulent
advertising were not met by this company. If and when I hear anything, I will let all know. They may have lived up to their 30 days for delivery but they should not advertise as "IN STOCK READY TO SHIP" when it is not. I truly believe they are using customer money to invest in markets and wait for a profit on that money before they actually buy and send you your product as ordered. I do not see any other reason why it takes so long. Even if they had to order from a bullion vault it shouldn't take so long. Everyone else on the web has product or access to it. When ordering from other dealers it NEVER took so long.

GoldMart

So, I had purchased silver from them in 2011 and 2012 via credit card with no issues. So my dumb butt just went ahead and ordered again this time but paid with check because I was buying more.

Ordered on 11/7, check cleared on 11/12. As of 12/10 it still has not shipped, and I am getting the old, "It will ship this Friday." At least the current lie is that they don't have it in stock and are awaiting shipment from their supplier and the weather in the Midwest has hurt shipments."

It's kind of like when you build a house and your contractor doesn't show up because of a dead uncle.

Anyway, scared that I just lost $6,500 and will have to sue them to only lose my money to lawyers.

I did file a BBB complaint and it appears that the BBB complaints have some success. I would be totally fine if they communicated and clearly said, "Hey, listen, we order from XYZ, and they have not shipped them yet."

Or how about this, put on your stupid site when purchasing, not in stock ships in 6 weeks.

nysparkie do you huff paint,why after your first time dealing with them would you do it again. just curious cause i remember when i started posting bout foldmart you were having the same problems that was in march

Like others, I regret ordering from Goldmart before thoroughly checking reviews of the company. They've had payment for my order for a month, and I've called several times to ask when the order will ship. Each time, I was given a date for shipment and each time when that date was missed the excuse was that weather caused the delay. The last time, I was told a snowstorm left 3 feet of snow in Carson City. Easily available weather reports on that supposed big storm were of only 6 to 7 inches of snow.

I've filed a complaint with the BBB, where goldmart's rating is now F and they've collected 72 complaints for delivery issues.

This company is a perfect example of sleaze.

I'm very disappointed in Gold Mart. I placed an order weeks ago. Everything I ordered said"in stock ready to ship" in big red print. They claim most orders are shipped 2-4 days with a credit card. Not only has my order not shipped but I have called 2 times and I was told my order was shipping with in 1-2 days. Still nothing . The order was a gift and customer service at Gold Mart did not care at all.

Not only that but they claim to have great prices that are below everyone else...that's until they hit you with a 2.95% surcharge added to the cost of your order. Horrible customer service . Look at all the BBB COMPLAINTS before you buy.

I'm very disappointed in Gold Mart. I placed an order weeks ago. Everything I ordered said"in stock ready to ship" in big red print. They claim most orders are shipped 2-4 days with a credit card. Not only has my order not shipped but I have called 2 times and I was told my order was shipping with in 1-2 days. Still nothing . The order was a gift and customer service at Gold Mart did not care at all.

Not only that but they claim to have great prices that are below everyone else...that's until they hit you with a 2.95% surcharge added to the cost of your order. Horrible customer service . Look at all the BBB COMPLAINTS before you buy.

The 2.95% is pretty standard across the board for CC fees. Most websites will advertise the "cash discounted" price and then add the CC fees. I can't really blame them for that.

I have not ordered from GM, but keep coming back here, because I have come close to pulling the trigger multiple times.

Bad experiences and they appear to be dead

Back
Top Bottom