Half million UK workers drop out of workforce

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

The number of people who have dropped out of Britain's job market since 2019 and who now cite a long-term illness or mental health problems has risen by half a million or about 25%, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said.

The increase in long-term sickness started in 2019, before the pandemic, before rising sharply by 363,000 between early 2020 and the three months to the end of August 2022 to reach 2.5 million, it said.

The analysis adds to the Bank of England's worries as it seeks to tame inflation, now at a 40-year high. The BoE is concerned that the number of people leaving Britain's workforce will fuel inflationary pressures and the latest labour market data pointed to a record workforce exodus.

"More understanding is needed about the impacts of National Health Service (NHS) waiting times, long COVID, and the ageing workforce," the ONS said in a report published on Thursday that analyses previously announced official data.

Long-term sickness was the reason given by 28% of people who were neither working nor looking for work between June and August 2022, up from 25% at the start of the pandemic.

However, most people who now cite long-term sickness as their reason for not being in work or looking for a job originally dropped out of the labour market for another reason.

You did. It doesn't have anything to do with the covid vaccine so I moved it.
i wish i thought that was true. imo not unlikely a good chunk of them are vax and/or bioweapon virus damaged

Reading between the lines - especially these:
Long-term sickness was the reason given by 28% of people who were neither working nor looking for work between June and August 2022, up from 25% at the start of the pandemic.

However, most people who now cite long-term sickness as their reason for not being in work or looking for a job originally dropped out of the labour market for another reason.

It seems to me this report is more a statement on the general economic situation in the post-Brexit UK. Folks want those unemployment benefits.

They want to go on the dole and eat curry or fish & chips.

Reading between the lines - especially these:

It seems to me this report is more a statement on the general economic situation in the post-Brexit UK. Folks want those unemployment benefits.
the lies are most often in the 'because'. the smart money ignores the because. just stop at the fact and apply one's own knowledge and critical thinking skills to develop one's own because

example - inflation is high BECAUSE russia

example - the red wave didnt happen BECAUSE trump

example - globalist warming is happening BECAUSE you dont drive an elec vehicle

example - blacks lag in skool BECAUSE racism

example - you have to wear a mask BECAUSE it stops covid spread

to infinity.......

Last edited:
the lies are most often in the 'because'. the smart money ignores the because. just stop at the fact and apply one's own knowledge and critical thinking skills to develop one's own because

example - inflation is high BECAUSE russia

example - the red wave didnt happen BECAUSE trump

example - globalist warming is happening BECAUSE you dont drive an elec vehicle

example - blacks lag in skool BECAUSE racism

example - you have to wear a mask BECAUSE it stops covid spread

to infinity.......

Covid is the lie that just keeps on giving. Once the fabric is woven, it may be embellished at will. Pfizer, in collusion with the corrupt governments in the world, can blame the damage caused by the "vaccines" on the illness itself and use that lie to sell even more "vaccines". This should work until they eventually run out of gullible people.

Here is an example of a lady who had just this sort of thing happen. Pretty much unable to work now. I'd sue the ever loving crap out of everyone involved. AND it was caused by the Fizer jab.

Here is an example of a lady who had just this sort of thing happen. Pretty much unable to work now. I'd sue the ever loving crap out of everyone involved. AND it was caused by the Fizer jab.

the clot shots went two for three in my family. 3 people took it, 2 are still down with serious side effects

the two that took ill are in their 70's - both perfectly healthy and vibrant going into it. the worst one has to get epo shots now to stay alive. her body quit/reduced making red blood cells. they say the epo will eventually stop working. she's on the clock

the clot shots went two for three in my family. 3 people took it, 2 are still down with serious side effects

the two that took ill are in their 70's - both perfectly healthy and vibrant going into it. the worst one has to get epo shots now to stay alive. her body quit/reduced making red blood cells. they say the epo will eventually stop working. she's on the clock

Sorry to hear that. Maybe they will learn from the experience for the next round of this game called life.

Covid is the lie that just keeps on giving. Once the fabric is woven, it may be embellished at will. Pfizer, in collusion with the corrupt governments in the world, can blame the damage caused by the "vaccines" on the illness itself and use that lie to sell even more "vaccines". This should work until they eventually run out of gullible people.
I would like to know how much $ campaign contributions the pham co's made this election. It's probably soft money laundering in return for a monopoly.

Back
Top Bottom