Has The Time Come To Amend The Constitution And Abolish The Electorial College?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

The best safeguard against another Trump victory is one we aren't talking about​

Opinion by Hayes Brown • 48m ago

The final report of the House Jan. 6 committee included 11 recommendations to prevent a repeat of former President Donald Trump’s challenge to the peaceful transfer of power. Missing, though, is a potential 12th recommendation, one that would be a major lift even in a less partisan climate: abolishing the Electoral College.

That was the idea committee member Rep. Jamie Raskin, D-Md., brought to the table. The decision of the committee to make only unanimous recommendations led Raskin to drop the suggestion, according to a behind-the-scenes look at the panel’s work from The New York Times Magazine. But he’s right. The Electoral College isn’t just a vestige of the past; it is a ticking time bomb for exploitation in our democratic system.

Raskin laid out his argument in an interview Sunday on CBS’ “Face the Nation.” “I think that the Electoral College now, which has given us five popular vote losers as president in our history, twice in this century alone, has become a danger not just to democracy, but to the American people,” Raskin told host Margaret Brennan. “It was a danger on January 6th. There are so many curving byways and nooks and crannies in the Electoral College that there are opportunities for a lot of strategic mischief.”

More:

The only people wanting to end the EC are those with TDS. They would eliminate the Constitution itself, if they thought that doing so would make him go away.

In short, they have no principles.

I love the fact that he gets under the skin of the woketards. He lives rent free in their heads for at least seven years now. Lol They're absolutely obsessed with him!

The "abolish the EC" arguments have been raised every election cycle for all of my adult life (since I've been paying attention to politics). It's not a new or Trump specific phenomenon. It's like term limits - an idea that percolates in perpetuity.

The "abolish the EC" arguments have been raised every election cycle for all of my adult life (since I've been paying attention to politics). It's not a new or Trump specific phenomenon. It's like term limits - an idea that percolates in perpetuity.
and the R's are going to take your Medicare/retirement away...

Of course, it's been the commies wet dreams for decades. Voting would be completely and utterly useless / rigged if ever allowed.

The "abolish the EC" arguments have been raised every election cycle for all of my adult life (since I've been paying attention to politics)
But it's gotten especially loud over the past 7 years.

Back
Top Bottom