Hecla Mining

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Peter89

Big Eyed Bug
Benefactor
Reaction score
Portugal
Hecla mining, Blue Chip in the silver mining space,
oldest silver miner on the NYSE and largest US silver producer

Very low silver AISC
$11/oz for fiscal year 2023
$17/0z for 4Q/2023

Very strong 1Q/2024 production numbers

Hecla Mining’s (NYSE: HL) silver production rose 43% in the first three months of 2024, compared to the last quarter of 2023, thanks mainly to reaching full production at its Lucky Friday silver mine in Idaho.

The company also credited the production increase, which hit 4.2 million silver ounces, to a consistent and strong performance from the Greens Creek mine in Alaska, as well as the continued ramp-up at Keno Hill in Canada’s Yukon Territory.

The company’s top-producing Greens Creek mine generated 2.5 million ounces of silver in the quarter, up 10% from the last three months of 2023, primarily due to higher throughput and a 4% increase in grades.

Lucky Friday, which was halted in September last year to complete repair work on areas damaged by wildfires, resumed production in January. By March, the operation, Hecla’s third-largest silver producer, was operating at full capacity and delivered 1.1 million ounces of silver.

Keno Hill produced 646,312 ounces of silver, up 6% from the previous quarter, and continues to ramp-up to full production, which is expected during the year.

The Idaho-based miner said it is on track to produce 17 million ounces of silver this year and it is targeting production of up to 20 million ounces a year by 2026.

20Moz/year
I think that put them second after Fresnillo among the silver producers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom