Hello to all from a new member

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Since there is no special spot to introduce ones self, I shall do it here. I am Ancona, and I am a silver stacker. I believe precious metals to be the only true money, and to that end......well you already know the rest.

PMBug joined up on another site I frequent and I noticed the link on his profile, clicked, joined, and so it went.

I'll try to be unobtrusive and keep the craziness to a minimum.

That said, I'm going to roam around a bit and see how I might fit in in the new neighborhood, or if I should just lurk.

Thanks,
Ancona

Since there is no special spot to introduce ones self, I shall do it here.

<moves thread to special spot to introduce ones self> :p

Welcome to the forum. :)

PMBug joined up on another site I frequent and I noticed the link on his profile, clicked, joined, and so it went.

:noevil:

I'll try to be unobtrusive and keep the craziness to a minimum.

That said, I'm going to roam around a bit and see how I might fit in in the new neighborhood, or if I should just lurk.

This site is still fairly new and finding its voice. I personally encourage people to maintain a sense of humor. It really helps when the macro news of the day is frustrating or discouraging.

me too

Im here because of Do Chen commenting on ZH, discussing Turd being interviewed by Chris Martenson ................

sez it all really.

Im currently hiding in one of two bug outs I have been cooking quietly, having recently sold the house and parted from a lovely lady after many years together. ( why can't we be like normal people ........ )

Woodburner that heats cabin and water and can be used for cooking with no electricity required for everything to work. Although pumping and treating water requires power ( mains connections all in place though ) plus workshop for trail bikes and general tinkering, plus building materials store all located in an out of the way place.

Several kilos of gold in (probably the same ) vaults in Zurich spread evenly between Bullionvault and Goldmoney and waiting, watching how it all goes from here.

Three exit strategies -

gold goes to $5k and I can buy a dream location 120 acres ( 60 of woodland) with a flooded quarry on top of a hill and pay 40% capital gains tax -

an ounce of gold a month until Im too old to care, which takes advantage of any annual capital gains allowance -

The grim reaper calls and others can argue about it -

heh, aint futures brilliant :loco:

rbl

Hey guys!

I followed PMBug over from ZH and thoroughly enjoy the layout of the forums and news here. So far I haven't read a hosile post from the folks here and that makes it easier to feel relaxed with communicating.
Purchasing silver has found hold in my heart over the past two years as an act of support for my constitution and opposition to the current financial system. I buy silver for the day that we loose the shackles from our ankles and the blinders from our eyes, so I can invest in honest growth and maybe have something to pass on...
Anyway, I know I could be wrong. Or maybe I'm right but in the path of the tsunami. Does it matter which? I pray that when TSHTF that we are prepared as communities and neighborhoods and not just lone (and hard to defend) family units.
Thanks to all for their PM input b/c we need each other to discover the truth these days
:)

Welcome rblong and Adirondack! I think we all would agree that you ARE on the right track with PMs and self-sufficiency.

Greetings rblong2us & A.G. Welcome to the party. :)

blimey what a nice place.
Thanks all for the welcome.

my background is civil engineering - "if it cant be done with a digger ... it cant be done"
and I love doing / creating things that others would never consider. ie not normal
Also in more recent times, playing with spinning water and subtle energies. ie not science.

and trail riding on an old Honda XR400 whenever I can ......

So eeerrrr ... how do I build a community of like minded folk ?

allyr welcomes rblong2us

By all means inject yourself into the conversations, we don't bite...unless the coins look fake. :) Welcome!

apologies to Ancona for crashing his intro

I got confused by this -

Originally Posted by ancona :
Since there is no special spot to introduce ones self, I shall do it here.

<moves thread to special spot to introduce ones self>

Welcome to the forum.

wont do it again i promise

The above is a perfect example why I like pmbug.com, step out of (any) line at ZH and you risk getting smoked and junked (and I still go there almost every day, comment as well). No young bucks looking to out-snark someone or call someone names. We are here to learn from each other. That's good! :cheers:

:)

Back
Top Bottom