Helooo

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

h4rdware

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
It was rude of me to start posting without first introducing, so here I go.

I'm a techie sort from the northern end of the UK. I have interests in a lot of things, ranging from electronics, through physics and lasers, into programming, bouncing through finance, geopolitics and sheer crazyness at the other end of the spectrum. Basically I like to build and connect up complicated things and see what happens.

I also like more sensible things like wildlife/forests/mountains, music and of course eating.

I am not big on social media, mobile phones etc. its not my bag. gaah.

I started stacking in 2006, when some things were looking too rosy to be right, and other things too wrong to be.. wrong. I have a sort of 6th sense for badness and nonsense, and it always keeps me right.

h4rdware

It was rude of me to start posting without first introducing, so here I go.

No worries. It's not a requirement. :)

A techie with intuition - you are a rare combination. Welcome!

H4dware,
Welcome again! It sounds like we have a lot in common. Techie sort here also. I am an electrical engineer, but also work heavily with lasers and optics.

With a mind that is bent towards scientific research, it has been a fascinating road over the past 5-6 years to put together world events and behind the scenes info to gain an understanding of what is really going on behind the scenes in the world today.

I too cannot bring myself to sign up for the social media outlets and I can barely stand lugging a cell phone around.

Cheers, and looking forward to your posts.
Unobtanium

Wow, this looks like the techie corner! Hi guys, I'm one too. h4rdware, there are several really cool techie guys on my site living near you, you might want to connect with them.

I too can't stand a cel - got one, trashed it. Why is it that anyone who has your number thinks they own your time whenever *they* get bored? And why hose around with the attention whores who have nothing important to say on FB if you can have your own dedicated real site with actual worthwhile content?

Maybe that's part of the voice this site is developing?

H4rdware, I welcome you as well. As DCFusor well knows, I am NOT a techie... And since I know no one handy whose knows much about computers, I have to teach myself stuff like blogging and my own work running a sales database for our bearing import company located in Peru (I live in the USA).

Computers make me want to pull my hair out sometimes...

It is interesting that a fair number of hi-tech folks have landed here. High techies almost by definition are smart.

So, have some virtual gold on me! (Everyone else too)

:gold:

Back
Top Bottom