help- 2003 quarter?? silver content?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I was buying water and this quarter been kicked back many times from the machine- it almost looks like it is real silver.

It says Illinois. It looks silver. Did they make them in silver? 40% or 90%??

It does not look clad. It looks like solid nickel.

@ ancona

Ha ha (sort-of)...

I did get a Buffalo Nickel at Barnes & Noble about 6 weeks ago, and on a cruise to Cozumel I got a 1964 (silver) quarter back as change in the tourist part of Cozumel (they gave me change for my purchase in US money) a couple of years ago -- you would think Mexicans would know not to give away a silver quarter, being the No. 1 producers in the world and all...

Hit my coin store. That quarter is only plated. So worth .25.

My coin store was cleaned out of junk silver, even 40%

Congratulations on your find. You have been very lucky. To be totally sure of what you have, get your coin assayed from a reputed company. Keep us posted about what it really turned out to be.

Back
Top Bottom