Help please....

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Nyrik

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
I am writing an e book on investing in Silver and Gold and need some input.

I know what my challenges were when I first started investing in Silver and Gold but I not sure if my challenges were typical.

I would appreciate hearing what were the main challenges were that others faced and how you over came them.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Regards,

Nyrik

What investments? Say, do you enjoy sailing? /jk

Welcome to the forum Nyrik. :wave:

A couple of issues that I see (with respect to physical metal - I'm not talking about ETFs or PM backed paper investments):
  • understanding the difference between numismatic and bullion - this is mostly for people really new to the field
  • understanding the difference between troy ounces and "ounces". This is especially important when shopping for 90%/junk silver. Sometimes quantities are advertised in "ounces" but priced according to troy ounces. Caveat emptor.
Good luck with your ebook.

do you enjoy sailing?

:rotflmbo: how long before they ban ownership of boats ?

Nyric, for me the only real challenges were -

Identifying the difference between exposure to gold price and actually owning gold, if leaving it in a secure place rather than actually holding.
For me this ended up with Bullionvault and Goldmoney.

Then pressing the button to actually purchase significant quantities that will be held in that secure place.

I too created an ebook about precious metals

I created a 5 page document about all the information you need to know about precious metals. Take a look at mine to get the creative juices flowing :)

My biggest challenge was by the time I realized the wisdom of owning PMs, I was not only retired and on a fixed income (less than 1K/mn), silver was at it's all time high.
Too bad it's all in Davy Jones locker, now.

Back
Top Bottom