Here it is...!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Well, I read on another forum about the 48 rules to achieving power, and some of them, while obvious, were repulsive. Although they all make perfect sense, it quite acuetely explains why I live just below the ceiling rather than above it. As far as I am concerned, fuck 'em, they can keep it if that is what I have to do to get higher up the food chain. I think I'll wait for the lottery instead. :wave:

http://www2.tech.purdue.edu/cg/Cours...s_of_power.htm

I found this one funny..

Law 27

Play on People’s Need to Believe to Create a Cultlike Following

People have an overwhelming desire to believe in something. Become the focal point of such desire by offering them a cause, a new faith to follow. Keep your words vague but full of promise; emphasize enthusiasm over rationality and clear thinking. Give your new disciples rituals to perform, ask them to make sacrifices on your behalf. In the absence of organized religion and grand causes, your new belief system will bring you untold power.

To a great extent, I think this is how every asset bubble is formed. This is why we will EVENTUALLY have a bubble in gold. I hope everyone here is smart enough to see that it is a bubble when that time comes.

Wrong title. It's how to gain limited and meaningless power for a Machiavellian prick.
Those aren't the universal rules at all - just the ones for liars and thieves. Yes, if you have to be like that, you can keep it.

Power can accrue quite naturally to the good, just by being good and competent in wielding it - People quickly recognize the benefit of a structure where the better decision makers are followed, vs anarchy or the poorer ones.

Looks like someone read Sun Tzu and Niccolò Machiavelli, mish mashed their work and tried to pass it off as something original.

Looks like someone read Sun Tzu and Niccolò Machiavelli, mish mashed their work and tried to pass it off as something original.

He's definitely trying to sound smart and breaking his own rules in the process.:D

Sorry about the bum link folks, I am operating at about 40$ right now because of this bug in my system. Thanks to those who corrected the link for me. ; - )

DC, c'mon bro! You should know by now that unless I put a footnote or something, the title is very nearly always an indicator of the level of total sarcasm intended upon reading the body text! When I read this I was dumbfounded, since they could have been written by the Devil himself.

Back
Top Bottom