Homestead security for women

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

Homestead security for women​

In these tough economic times, many women are finding themselves alone for long hours on the homestead. As local jobs disappear, the major breadwinner may take a job with a long commute, leaving the wife and kids to run the farm. I know several farm women whose husbands are long distance truckers, and another has a husband in the military. Some women have found their place in the country and are starting out alone; others have lost their husbands due to death or divorce. In these instances, the women must provide security for the homestead.

If you find yourself in this position, have a stern talk with yourself. Are you up to the challenge? Most women depend on a man to keep them safe, and our society encourages this by viewing women alone as prey. We expect a boyfriend or a husband to make sure that the wolf stays far from the door. I tell my own sons that it is part of a man’s job to protect the women in his life.

Full article:

Back
Top Bottom