House Republicans to vote on bill abolishing IRS, eliminating income tax

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
Wut?

House Republicans to vote on bill abolishing IRS, eliminating income tax​

Vote on abolishing IRS was part of deal between Speaker McCarthy and House Freedom Caucus​

FIRST ON FOX: Republicans in the House of Representatives will vote on a bill that would abolish the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), eliminate the national income tax, and replace it with a national consumption tax.

Fox News Digital has learned that the House will be voting on Georgia Republican Rep. Buddy Carter's reintroduced Fair Tax Act that aims to reel in the IRS and remove the national income tax, as well as other taxes, and replace them with a single consumption tax.

The vote on the bill was made as part of the deal between House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., and members of the House Freedom Caucus and was pushed forward in his quest for the gavel.

more

nice-herman-cain.gif

That would almost save the USA.

What we need, is to bring back apportionment as was intended originally by the Founders. Anything else just leads to a massively bloated, wasteful gov such as the what we currently have today.

No, the only way to have the small, limited power gov guaranteed to us in the Constitution, is to have a gov without the means to collect vast sums via such a tax system as has been created over the past 100 or so years.

For every dime ya give a politician, he'll try to find a way to spend two and then tax ya for three more. The Constitution was supposed to prevent that type of thing.

Republicans in the House of Representatives will vote on a bill that would abolish the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), eliminate the national income tax, and replace it with a national consumption tax.
So only the R's will be voting on it? What good will that do?
....and by eliminating the IRS, does that mean repealing the 16th Amendment too?

President Joe Biden on Thursday pledged to reject Republican moves to abolish the Internal Revenue Service and replace the federal income tax with a national sales tax. ...

“Let me be very clear,” Biden said. “If any of these bills make it to my desk, I will veto them. I will flat veto them.”
Republicans, newly in charge of the House of Representatives following their victory in the midterm elections, have begun considering and passing bills targeted at the IRS. Such bills, however, are not expected to pass the Senate, which remains controlled by Democrats.

It's an exercise in political theater. Are the masses paying attention in the peanut galleries?

It's an exercise in political theater.
So it's better for 'em to not even try addressing any of the disasters that our so-called normal politicians have created? They should just shut up and get with the program?

Is that what I said? Is that what I implied? No and no. You lament that folks won't engage in discussion with you. Maybe the way you engage with people is part of the problem.
So explain what you originally meant by it only being theater.

What are they supposed to do?

They can either try to fight for what they want, what you call theater, or they shut up and go along with the majority.

What other options are there?

What are they supposed to do?

They can either try to fight for what they want, what you call theater, or they shut up and go along with the majority.

What other options are there?

He does have a bit of a point there. Remember the Obamacare votes where they voted to repeal it like 20 times but then when it could actually happen under Trump somehow the votes magically changed.

It's political theater because there is zero chance of the bill passing. The Rs behind this measure are doing this solely to make headlines. I'm fairly certain that you correctly understood my point with respect the the political theater comment.

However, I did not ascribe any value judgement to my statement. I did not state or imply that the political theater was either a good or bad thing. Where you went off the rails (so to speak), IMO, is by assuming that I was attaching a value judgement to the issue and then seeing fit to challenge me on your perception of my position on the issue.

In actuality, I am happy to see the fundamental taxation issue being raised and I'm hopeful that it might lead to real engagement of the issue in the public sphere.

He does have a bit of a point there. Remember the Obamacare votes where they voted to repeal it like 20 times but then when it could actually happen under Trump somehow the votes magically changed.
That's just because of all the idiot rino's.

It's political theater because there is zero chance of the bill passing. The Rs behind this measure are doing this solely to make headlines. I'm fairly certain that you correctly understood my point with respect the the political theater comment.
At least them bringing it up opens it up to public discussion.

Which I see that you also agree with.
In actuality, I am happy to see the fundamental taxation issue being raised and I'm hopeful that it might lead to real engagement of the issue in the public sphere.
Imho, whatever it takes, even if theater, to get the light of day onto some of these issues, is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom