How does your country rank in Economic Freedom?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Switzerland is 4th in this ranking behind HK, Singapore and NZ. I wouldn't want to live in any of these three countries, so I guess I have the right country of residence :D

Our freedom is bleeding away with a ferocious speed. It is the fault of voters who do not take the time to research the candidates they vote for and simply vote down party lines. In amny elections I have actually split my vote between indies, republicans and democrats, depending upon their individual positions and their positions on their parties platform. When the uninformed and entitled class are allowed to vote, they simply vote for whoever will give them the most stuff. There was a reason that only property owners could vote.

A friend of mine ended up in jail as a result of taking on the system using the 'Freeman on the Land' approach, as he argued he had never entered into any contract or agreement with the Gov.

Whilst in jail he meditated a lot and ended up with a large group of inmates and a couple of warders wanting to learn more ............ so he ran classes in meditation for em all.

At no time did he feel that he was imprisoned as his mind was still free
Terry Waites said the same about several years as a hostage in Beruit, back in its mad days.

Freedom is a state of mind

And the feds really do not bother me .......... yet

A friend of mine ended up in jail as a result of taking on the system using the 'Freeman on the Land' approach, as he argued he had never entered into any contract or agreement with the Gov.

Whilst in jail he meditated a lot and ended up with a large group of inmates and a couple of warders wanting to learn more ............ so he ran classes in meditation for em all.

At no time did he feel that he was imprisoned as his mind was still free
Terry Waites said the same about several years as a hostage in Beruit, back in its mad days.

Freedom is a state of mind

And the feds really do not bother me .......... yet

Al, (the senior republic of Texas member down the street from me) spends about three years out of four in prison, because of just that. He doesn't seem to mind... My wifes take is that he's 79, he has lots of time to go to jail.

I did not take the time to read the whole .pdf (on vacation), but I CAN tell you that ITALY is NOWHERE NEAR the USA in economic freedom. Not even close.

When the uninformed and entitled class are allowed to vote, they simply vote for whoever will give them the most stuff. There was a reason that only property owners could vote.

Amen to that! I don't think it will ever happen, but we do need to change the requirements for being able to vote in this country. In the very near future (a few years after November, I'm afraid) the nanny state will have created more dependents than those citizens who have jobs. Once that occurs, America (as we know it) will be forever gone.

As Thomas Jefferson once said:

“The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”

Back
Top Bottom