How Far Will Gold Fall?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jprich16

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Peter Schiff explains when gold price will bottem, go up and a few economic predictions

Hope everyone enjoys!
Do you agree?

"I've been telling my clients to buy gold since it was under $300."

Bankster-shill talking-headlady was pretty quiet after that.:pffftt:

:clap:

Is there blood in the streets yet?

$1184... down 15$ + as of now..

gold.gif

I love Peter Schiff and I would like to sell him a bridge I own.

Bottomed or not...

Wow! That's a low price! /Staples commercial

Dead cat bounce?

Unfortunately I don't think prices have bottomed out yet. A lot of well though out arguments saying it will go to ~$1,100 before recovery.

I dont think we have bottomed out either. Peter Schiff sells gold and silver so I wouldn't trust his opinion. He was calling for gold to be $5000 by year end and that will not happen. I am a big believer in PM but some of these guys look really stupid now that the PM market has tanked.

Last edited:
I dont think we have bottomed out either. Peter Schiff sells gold and silver so I wouldn't trust his opinion. He was calling for gold to be $5000 by year end and that will not happen. I am a big believer in PM but some of these guys look really stupid now that the PM market has tanked.

I'm not an apologist for Peter Schiff, but the year isn't over, and five thousand years of history is hard to argue with. Everyone keeps valuing gold in dollars. :)

After this big a fall, we always undershoot "true" value, so we might have a bit more downside, hard to say - world events keep jiggling things. I'd guess those who say it will take another leg down ought to be listened to at least a little bit, but I'm chomping at the bit here with plenty of dry powder, watching, watching...

I've read today in the financial press that many miners borrowed large amounts of money to expand production expecting the high prices to continue, and now they are unfortunately getting more and more upside down with the prices going so low. A very interesting situation developing for those who own the actual metal (as many have commented on this board) and tempting to comtemplate owning a bit more.

Gold prices rebound within a couple of days and now it’s hovering around $1,250. Will gold fall again dramatically or will it start to soar up from here on….. My head is spinning….

its kinda inevitable how we all feed off negative sentiment when pm prices are falling
and talk about moonshots when they're moving up ...... and get all chartological to explain our gut feelings .........

The fundamentals havent changed , or have they ?

Im down about £100k on my pm purchases and am pretty relaxed about it but agree it is kinda upsetting seeing $100/200 down days and yes, it takes me a while to acclimatise (-:

The other night i dreamed that we hit the scary day of reckoning and no one was buying gold cos there was no currency to buy it with and I couldnt get my gold out of brinks in Zurich, cos there was no way to travel.

Gotta stay calm and ride this one but it is a wild ride and I do wonder how smart it is to bet against the Fed sometimes )-:

Hey gold $5000 is only days away ......... apparently (-:

Dead cat bounce?

Unfortunately I don't think prices have bottomed out yet. A lot of well though out arguments saying it will go to ~$1,100 before recovery.

Arguments made by people who have never owned an ounce of gold and are preying on your concerns.

A large % of this decline was due to India forcing all dealers off margin for their purchases. That deleveraging is over.

A large % of this decline was due to India forcing all dealers off margin for their purchases. That deleveraging is over.

Could you elaborate on this?

I might as well add my two cents to this.

After looking at a gold chart, it appears to me that $1100 is not only doable, but a definite possibility. The next minor support for gold is around $1100, which in and of itself does not mean much. However, the uptrend line for gold currently sits at around $1100, so gold is extremely likely to stop there, bounce back to $1500, then go sideways for weeks or months.

I have seen stories about people claiming that gold will go to $750. I simply do not see that happening. Charts say it is impossible as do the fundamentals.

Regardless of whether my two cents has any meaning or not, everything points to these prices being a 'gift from God' for gold stackers.

So, stack, stack, and stack some more on every dip!

Could you elaborate on this?

Dealers in India are now required to put up 100% cash on all imports. Basically, it's now illegal to use a line of credit for those business. So they couldn't buy the dips like they wanted and over a billion people were no longer able to step in and buy. That impacted the banks and the rupee as well.

So you had a period of 2+ months where dealers were having to setup accounts overseas so they could have lines of credit and conduct business normally. It's all screwed up.

Peter Schiff says lots of interesting things, but he must be in difficulty because of this crash.
The lower gold will go, the more explanations Schiff will have to give.
It's quite tough for him.

Peter Schiff says lots of interesting things, but he must be in difficulty because of this crash.
The lower gold will go, the more explanations Schiff will have to give.
It's quite tough for him.

Schiff is fine and he doesn't have any explaining to do. He's been a gold bull since 2003. Where do you think his cost basis is? lol

I think gold might be stopped by the production cost levels. I personally don't think and hope it won't fall lower...

So we might not see gold under 1,000 $, despite so many predictions.

Back
Top Bottom