How the retail lobby sold a $45-billion whopper about organized shoplifting

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score
*Note: there is another thread ( https://www.pmbug.com/threads/update-on-their-black-lives-matter-operation.4692/ ) that's similar to this but it's a bit over the top for me.

LA Times

Column: How the retail lobby sold a $45-billion whopper about organized shoplifting​

If you're making a list of big news stories of 2023, here's one you might want to check twice: The surge in "organized retail crime," or gang shoplifting.

I've written before about the news media's fixation on this phenomenon despite the unreliability of retailers' claims about it, and especially when compared with the much more prevalent crime of employer wage theft, which gets almost no coverage.

But there's been a recent development on the topic, which demands your attention. Put simply, the retail lobby has admitted that its most eye-catching and widely publicized statistic about it is a lie.

Read the rest:

While I appreciated the meat of that report, wading through so much tortured prose was difficult. The author must think his farts smell like roses.

A store owner caught well-dressed women shoplifting—then posted the videos to TikTok​

Videos of masked men brazenly ransacking San Francisco store shelves and displays have flooded social media feeds in recent years. But recently, a viral TikTok exposed a different breed of culprit: well-dressed white women carefully pocketing goods.

The video, viewed over 80,000 times, shows the thieves casually swiping merchandise from Post.script., a gift shop in Lower Pacific Heights. For Chandler Tang, the shop’s owner, it spotlighted how crafty shoplifters can be, challenging stereotypes of who is behind the retail theft crisis plaguing the city and region.

After the second theft in one week late last month, Tang was at a loss for what to do. The gift shop, which opened in 2019, has dealt with shoplifters in the past, but experiencing two thefts back-to-back was unsettling.

More:

Hysterical! :ROFLMAO: So now we are supposed to believe that it isn't organized gangs of blacks looting businesses like all the videos portray, but rather those insidious well-dressed White women who are the real scourge to society. :lmao:

Well, I see gaslighting the public by "nooze" establishments, is permitted.

Who ya gonna believe. The videos we see posted, that correspond to closing stores, abandoned regions, locked-up shelves...or some smarmy "journalist" out of the Circle-D School of Mediuh Ethics and Public Nudging.

So now we are supposed to believe that it isn't organized gangs of blacks looting businesses like all the videos portray, but rather those insidious well-dressed White women who are the real scourge to society.
Yah.

Rich people who make millions in money-changing and insider trading, are ALWAYS the ones to load up bags with Hot Pockets and leave without paying.

Especially when well dressed. Normal middle-class behavior - it's how White Privilege was born.

I can find 100 videos of feral blacks looting stores in two minutes for every story about a well-dressed, wealthy woman stealing makeup or something.

Orwell was right. Sad that so many blindly believe the lies spun by the corrupt media.

orwell1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom