Hunting, Fishing, Adventure and "The American Sportsman"

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Vichris

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
Some of you might remember an old show, aired in he 1960's 70's & 80 called "The American Sportsman". It was hosted by a sportscaster named Curt Gowdy. He was famous for a line he used on ABC's Wide World of Sports, "The thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat". The "agony of defeat" was shown with a ski jumper in a devastating wipe out. My dad and I hardly ever missed The American Sportsman and the adventures they show cased. Most of them were hunting a fishing trips with famous people. Those shows instilled in me and my dad,photo_2024-03-24_19-11-46.jpgphoto_2024-03-24_19-11-37.jpgyuriko elk.jpgphoto_2024-03-24_19-11-31.jpgphoto_2024-03-24_19-11-26.jpgphoto_2024-03-24_19-11-20.jpgphoto_2024-03-24_19-11-15.jpgphoto_2024-03-24_19-11-04.jpgphoto_2024-03-24_19-10-54.jpgmarty elk.jpg a love of the outdoors and wildlife in general. I've been very fortunate to live and experience many of my own hunting/fishing/hiking/wandering/& photography adventures. Here are a few of them. Most of these hunting pics are archery kills. Most of the fishing pics were caught with fly-fishing tackle and released

Looks like you enjoyed a lot of hunting and fishing adventures. Did you travel around for your hunting grounds or stay local to a given area?

Looks like you enjoyed a lot of hunting and fishing adventures. Did you travel around for your hunting grounds or stay local to a given area?
I mostly stuck to local areas. Most of those pics were taken in New Mexico. Some were taken AZ, CO, IA and MO. I have had many other adventures looking for reptiles (Herping) in AZ and NM, stargazing in the dark sky's of the desert, birdwatching all over, and simply going on hikes in state and national parks.

Back
Top Bottom