I finally won some work

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Well I finally picked up some decent work. I was notified today by two clients that we would be receiving a subcontract soon and to get started with our submittal package. These two projects, along with the project I won down on Ascension Island, are worth an aggregate of 772,000 dollars, and all of thewm were bid to 8-A firms who get to negotiate their work with the government in set-aside packages. This means that our margins could be significantly higher than we would be able to have if they were bid as straight up full and open competition. I'm not sure yet if we'll squeek this one out or not, but it's looking a damn sight bettger than it was just a few weeks ago.

If my two compatriots here in my office can pull out another three quarters of a million, we'll be good for another eight months or so, buying time to market and seek out other backlog.:cheers:

ASCENSION ISLAND???

ancona, pay someone $60k to go there. Very far... On the other hand, your fans would like hearing about that place!

Congratulations!

It sounds like a lot of cash- but not really. Still it is better then nothing.

DoChen,
I lived there several times and had a wonderful experience.

Ascension Island fucking ROCKS!The island is a british posession, but we have a military base there as does England and the French has a monitoring station fot their Arianne rockets tehy launch from French Guyana. There is simply too much to tell in a single post.

Hey Ancona

is this work for the new Ancona Inc,
or just keeping the old org going while you all work out your notice ?

I sincerely hope its the former (-:

Glad you got some more contracts. $772,000 gross is not all that much, but it will keep the wolves away a bit longer. As long as you keep plugging along and don't give up, you should be ok for the forseeable future.

Back
Top Bottom