I had a computer stolen

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
ordered it from ebay- tracking said it was delivered. it isnt here.

so now we will see how good the credit card coverage is

police report filed. claim form filed.

this thing better be covered.

dude sent it no signature.

Sorry to hear that, hope it all works out for you.

Thanks. This is going to sound funny- but I wonder if the fed ex guy took it. The way my porch is- you have to crawl into it to even see a package.

I asked the seller for a serial number. She told me not to panic that she called fed ex.

I dont think she realizes- that if I dont pay this- I am not paying it.

Well, for what it's worth, at least a new computer does not have sensitive stuff on it:

-- passwords
-- Bitcoin!
-- important data that "Maybe you forgot to back up"
-- pictures, etc.

I would guess that you will be made whole.

So have great Christmas, Penn!

That goes for ALL of you too: Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
I have never had a delivery stolen, but I have become concerned about it happening. When I've ordered p.m.'s in the past I always get them sent signature required. But the last 2 were just left on the front porch (they were from Provident back in 2013). It happen to a buddy also a few months ago.
I have been thinking about getting some type of lock box for small package deliveries.

chigg for sure. I have had 100s maybe even 1000 over the past 7 years here. I might only buy a silver dime on ebay. Mark will tell you.

I been thinking about the conversation with the cop. He spent alot of time on the phone- talking about his personal deliveries of amunition. Seems like a nice guy.

During the holidays people will follow around UPS, Fedex, USPS just picking up pkg after pkg. They are getting a lot more of these people on video as home monitoring systems are becoming more common. You might want to see if anyone else has had this happen and/or got video of strange people in the area.

Back
Top Bottom