I have possible GREAT news for weed fans!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score

Finishing our trip (mentioned in another thread), we arrived by car to Denver for our flight back to Florida. Being the inquisitive type I am, I had the chance to talk with two locals about the marijuana situation in Colorado:

1) I chatted briefly with a recently released convict (fully tatted and missing his two front teeth) at a McDonald's men's room (true, no jive bros...) and asked him about the whole deal. He told me that on January 1 all the now-medical dispensaries will be allowed to sell to ANYONE, even out-of-staters (who would be limited to a quarter oz per day, but that would seem to be ample...).

2) I also raised the subject with the Budget rent-a-car shuttle bus driver taking me to DIA's terminal. He told me something similar, the date was different though. Quarter oz / day. But, expensive! Much more so than "SWIM" found the going rates many moons ago... He also told me that there were already people who would smoke dope right there outside in front of the terminal (it's a smoke-free airport after all...).

So, when I get two accounts from strangers that almost identically match up, that is usually enough to convince me that what they say is true.

That probably means that getting, say, a UPS job in Colorado would be drop-dead easy about now... ;)

Party on, bitchez! (at least in January)

He also told me that there were already people who would smoke dope right there outside in front of the terminal (it's a smoke-free airport after all...).

So, when I get two accounts from strangers that almost identically match up, that is usually enough to convince me that what they say is true.

That probably means that getting, say, a UPS job in Colorado would be drop-dead easy about now... ;)

Party on, bitchez! (at least in January)

The idea of a fully loaded UPS truck with a fully loaded driver does not sound like the safest kind of party, but it's interesting to see that John Denver turned out to be right about that Rocky Mountain high. :shrug:

Last edited:
The area I live in used to provide most of the top quality weed for the US, something I considered when moving here...it's not so much now that we have a tee-totalling sheriff and DEA helicopters.

So, in fact much of the weed around here comes from CO and similar places, via mail (no kidding, someone figured out how to keep the smell from leaking out - it's quite a trick). And it's expensive, and frankly, too good. By the time it gets here, it's $3-400/oz, and one hit can be too much for someone not toleranced way up. No seeds - you can't save some and grow your own, seeds are getting rare everywhere. No more mex ditch weed for cheap, the stuff you used to be able to roll a joint with and smoke half ot without falling over, and have a little fun playing with. Just this super strong stuff - like heroin compared to the older tylenol. I think the development is unhealthy, it's taken the social aspect kind of out of things being so strong and all.

I'm just glad to be a very cheap date - I learned about that tolerance thing early, so an OZ lasts me many many months, and frankly, while much stronger, the quality of the buzz is not as good as what I was used to back in the day - it seems the breeders emphasized a certain mix of the 25 or so psychoactives in pot in such a way as to just knock you out, not make it as much fun.

I have several clearances now that really crimp when and how much weed I can use. These days, and for a great deal of the last decade and three quarters, I have eben limited to a little bit on vacation and from time to time to help me sleep. We get random tests before and during any period within which we hold access passes and codes for specific facilities. They can and will pop in at any random time, sequester you and not leave you until you are able to pass urine in sufficient quantity to do an extensive drug panel. It's absolutely nuts. I have learned quite a lot about these tests and how long THC can be detected in the system. The cheap-o tests run by employers and by doctors for casual tests are nothing compared to the shit NASA does. Apparently, it is possible to detect for up to six months in a fat person and as long as two months in a very skinny person [me]. Depending on how hard ass they wish to be, there are tests which can be performed on body fat deposits that can detect shit from a year or more ago.

I used to live in Portland, now I'm living in Denver. I swear it's following me. Around town I see working class neighborhoods turned into pot shop central. I may have to relocate to Utah or Arizona.

Back
Top Bottom