I knew it all along..

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Next we'll have silver colonoscopies. Wait a minute, I just actually read the article and we really might start having silver colonoscopies someday soon. :sad$:

Last edited:
I saw a similar article on physorg. Seems that silver (really, either) alone isn't as great as sliver+antibiotics. The details go like this - the silver gets the bacteria to open up the cell wall transport mechanisms to let in the more normal antibiotic, so there's a synergy effect, which works better than either alone does. It does look like "good science" here - not just press-release science.

yes that would be in accordance with what I've read about how silver alone is affecting the bacteria - by damaging their cell walls. That makes perfect sense.

I wonder, if mixing some nano/colloidal silver with Manuka honey would also increase it's antibacterial power? Manuka honey alone works for me well, I have large scars (burns) on my body, covering my left ankle (amongst other) - I am getting open wounds on that ankle periodically (either small cuts or abrasions), that are very difficult to heal on its own - but Manuka honey does the trick every time.

Back
Top Bottom