I need help identifying this medal

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JayDubya

Ground Beetle
GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
I need some help identifying exactly what I've got here.

Here's what I know:
Germany Federal Republic gold Proof "Adenauer & Heuss" Medal 1963 PR66 Ultra Cameo NGC, 50mm. 107.65gm. Serial #170.
After that, I'm pretty much at a loss.

I've seen the Adenauer/Kennedy medals before. I've even seen Adenauer and others but I've never seen this particular medal.

I searched Numista under the exonumia section and I didn't get any result. I even tried searching under the coins section and still didn't find any information.

I went to the NGC site and typed in the cert number and all that does is give me the generic info I already know.

I can't find any information regarding this medal anywhere.

What I'm looking for is total number minted, what exactly is it commemorating, and anything else you can find to give me as much info as possible. Anything you can add will be greatly appreciated.

Obverse:
ZZZZZZ O.jpg

Reverse:
ZZZZZZ R.jpg

Last edited:
cheka,
I appreciate the effort, but your first post refers to the auction in which I won the medal.
Your second post refers to an auction that contained a different Adenauer medal (as I mentioned, there are several others).
I've done exhaustive internet searches, but I just cannot find anything relating to this medal.
I think I'm going to have to fire off an email to Heritage and another to Numista and see if they can tell me anything.
Thanks again.

cheka,
I appreciate the effort, but your first post refers to the auction in which I won the medal.
Your second post refers to an auction that contained a different Adenauer medal (as I mentioned, there are several others).
I've done exhaustive internet searches, but I just cannot find anything relating to this medal.
I think I'm going to have to fire off an email to Heritage and another to Numista and see if they can tell me anything.
Thanks again.
i tried and only came up with the scraps i posted. good luck

Looked thru my books with no sucess.....sure looks to be a sizeable fine gold coin....

cheka,
Thanks again.
Amateurs!

Beautiful Gold commemorative medal from Germany.
It was made in 1957 and honors Konrad Adenauer, the first post-war Chancellor of Germany (West Germany). The obverse has a cameo bust of Adenauer facing left, with a beautiful cameo image of a goddess of peace on the reverse. Made of .900 Fine Gold, this medal is 22.6mm in size with a plain edge. The medal weighs 0.258 oz, so the Actual Gold weight is 0.2304, much like the old circulating 20 Mark coins of pre WWI Germany. Unlisted in the Krause Unusual World Coins reference guide.

Metal Content:0.2304 troy oz
Purity:.900
Thickness:1.5 mm
Diameter:22.6 mm

Amateurs!

Beautiful Gold commemorative medal from Germany.
It was made in 1957 and honors Konrad Adenauer, the first post-war Chancellor of Germany (West Germany). The obverse has a cameo bust of Adenauer facing left, with a beautiful cameo image of a goddess of peace on the reverse. Made of .900 Fine Gold, this medal is 22.6mm in size with a plain edge. The medal weighs 0.258 oz, so the Actual Gold weight is 0.2304, much like the old circulating 20 Mark coins of pre WWI Germany. Unlisted in the Krause Unusual World Coins reference guide.

Metal Content:0.2304 troy oz
Purity:.900
Thickness:1.5 mm
Diameter:22.6 mm

Lol....nice medal....now how about finding the one he actually bought....call us amateurs gezzzzz

Back
Top Bottom