I need some homeowner ins advice for mom

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Her 1st floor condo- flexicore- the upstairs had a leak. Her place is totalled. It has mold. It can not be lived in. The pics make it look like a bad fire.

Her ins has put her in a hotel.

Here we are a month later.

It still can not be lived in. 2 remedy places had been there. The first my sister fired for incompetence.

Can someone offer any advice? Do's Don'ts.

It seems to me this should have all been wrapped up by now. This would be in the state of IL. The building has 6 units.

1 or 2 of them were or are in foreclosure. The ethnic component does not help either.

I did not think flexicore could ever have this problem.

When my brother returns to chicago she can stay with him--- but we still need a solution to the where she gonna live.

My health is too bad to do a road trip right now. I have 2 other siblings that would take her in, and by all means - I am willing to take my turn.

But she does own a condo and it is insured.

Help

Mine went up $300 this year and I've never had a claim in 23 years with the same company. That makes it $100 a month. Add another $85 a month for property taxes and you still get to pay $185 a month for a paid for house that's only now worth what it was 15 years ago.:doodoo:

Wow. My house insurance is $278 a year. The deductable is $500. I could lower it $20 if I drop one of the riders.

In the UK it no longer pays to be loyal and stick with the same insurance provider.

I always have to check out companies quotes for renewal and often get a better quote from the one that tried to hike the previous renewal or the one before ( they always seem to have my details on file )

They rely on laziness and a new trick is to leave the renewal notice until the very last minute, knowing you hardly have time to to check the price.
When this happens I NEVER renew with them.

Back
Top Bottom