I'd take a bullet for this guy.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

dali lambone

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
I just felt like talking about Ron Paul and a few of the rediculous arguements i'm hearing against him.

Tired of the same old candidate? Ron Paul is the answer. Tired of hearing questions about a politician’s ethics and morals during EVERY election instead of the issues? Ron Paul is the answer. You never hear his name mentioned in these discussions. Why? Because Ron Paul is above reproach. He is the incorruptible. He is the marquis of consistency. He has been yelling fire from the roof tops for over thirty years about big government and the perils of excess government spending. Guess what. His message then is the same as it is now. There is no flip flopping, there is no appeasing a specific voting demographic only to deliver a different message to the next. Don’t like his stance on 9/11? Are you really that concerned over the reasoning of what happened 10 years ago as opposed to what is happening right now, and next week, and the next 4 years? Here is a wakeup call… The term economic crisis is in every newspaper every day for a reason. Ron Paul has the answer. He is going to cut 1 trillion dollars in year one, and that’s just for starters. Ever notice how a moonpie used to cost a nickel in the old days and now it’s a buck fifty? It’s not because moonpies are that much better now, it’s because the dollar has lost over 90 percent of it’s purchasing power. Ron Paul will establish sound monetary policy. A policy that will most likely be based on value that cannot be counterfitted, a return to precious metals. But that’s what they did back in the 17-1800’s for money, shouldn’t he get with the times? Oh, you mean back when we had a manageable budget and sound money? That seems like a good idea to me. The fact that people say that a precious metals based monetary system makes no sense are implying that the founding fathers had no idea what they were doing. Strange considering that even then they recognized the dangers of large federal government and pushed forward the tenth amendment, which is central to Ron Paul’s platform. Don’t like Ron Paul’s stance on Iran? The same people that are yelling about the evils of Iran are the same ones yelling to bring the troops home. Make up your mind folks! Because Ron Paul wants to extend the hand of friendship and commerce before pressing violence is no indication that he is unwilling or unable to stand up for our defense. Are you forgetting that he was a flight surgeon during Vietnam? About the only experience with war most Americans have with war is with Rambo and Call of Duty. Ron Paul has PROVEN that he is willing to stand. Don’t like the fact that Ron Paul intends to reduce military spending? What’s the military to most people but a news story. The fact is that Ron Paul brings in more money from military vets than any other candidate by an OVERWHELMING majority. In fact, it is more than the rest of the republican candidate field combined. Don’t you think there is a message to be received from that gesture? The author of this post is a vet as well.

How can any man or woman with any sense of reason discount and disregard Ron Paul’s message. Peace, prosperity, freedom, liberty, a return to the constitution and sound monetary policy is dear to all of our hearts. It is the unshakable foundation of Ron Paul’s message. Ron Paul is my president.

It's hard not to like a statesman that champions sound money and individual liberties. It was my pleasure to vote for him two times back in '08 (I'm in his Congressional district ;)).

Ron Paul tea party money bomb Friday dec 16. This is his last and most important fund raiser before his push into the primaries. Please donate what you can at www.ronpaul2012.com.

Thanks for the heads-up Shelby!

I gave some to him a couple of months ago, and decided to wait to see if he moved up in the polls. It looks like he has! So, I will cut him another check soon.

Of all the Rs, he is the only one who is close to 100% in intellectual honesty. IMO of course.

I just donated to Ron's campaign. He's closing in on the $1 million dollar mark. Hope the donations pick up so they can reach the $4 million goal. If you want to make a donation using a credit card or paypal, you can do so here:

https://secure.ronpaul2012.com/

Wish I could donate too.
What about putting a banner on pmbug today like the one they use at Ron Paul Forums?

Great. Here is a chart that will only go up. I promise:
x9eAX

I participate in a regular donation I hacve set up to give to Dr. Paul. He truly is our best and only hope. I do not follow the Doctor blindly, and have reservations about some of his ideas, but the good stuff outweighs the bad stuff ten to one.

I participate in a regular donation I hacve set up to give to Dr. Paul. He truly is our best and only hope. I do not follow the Doctor blindly, and have reservations about some of his ideas, but the good stuff outweighs the bad stuff ten to one.

Agreed. No one can say absolutely everything right, but the good doctor makes to much sense to follow anyone else.

We spend a lot of time arguing who would do what for which issue, how they would vote, and what policies they would propose. What this amounts to is promises that will supposedly be kept one elected to office. So people base their decision, or at least try to, on which candidate promises to do/support specific things.

However nice these promises sound and the importance of the issues, in reality any president is going to be faced with issues and decision that were not foreseen during the election process.

When these issues arise the elected will form some type of opinion and policy, take some sort of action, based on some sort of valuation of the different inputs and possible outputs of the situation.

If you elect someone based on a list of promises and stances on past issues, there is no telling how they will react to something that was not thought of previously. The result could very likely involve the person you voted for doing something that you strongly oppose and never would have voted for him in the first place had you know this is how he would react.

Therefore, it is important to vote not for a shopping list of promises, but for a set of principles. Yes, these are different. The principles are what lead politicians to make the promises, but not the promises themselves. The principles are general and can be applied to any situation, if they are sound. The promises/actions are the result of that application. Knowing what someone says the will do, rather than why they will do it, can lead to surprise when faced with a new issue that was not on the menu during the election.

I'll vote for someone who's principles are as close to mine as I can find, AND that has a history of holding firmly to them, even when doing so is difficult. This will best ensure that the elected will uphold my preferences as closely as possible given any circumstance, no matter how unpredictable it may be.

I really only have one option.

Last edited:
swissaustrian is a good guy. A Ron Paul supporter was independently running a Ron Paul ad in a Iowa newspaper and asking for small donations to cover the cost. It ended up $500 short before the deadline and our guy covered the deficit.

I am donating $100 for every $1M donated today. My next $100 will be donated on behalf of swissaustrian.

For swissaustrian:

Amount: $100.00
Transaction ID: 326458XXX
Transaction date/time: 2011-12-17 00:42:03

Looks like the money bomb may have fallen short of the $4MM goal, but I don't know if they have added in offline donations (physical checks) to the total yet. Even so, $3.25MM is pretty good. I'm sure donations will continue to trickle in.

I sent in 50 anconabucks last night while wasted on atomic cough syrup. Anyone see the good Dr. on the Tonight Show? I watched the youtube and it was great! Someone on another site I frequent put it up.

Unfortunately, the Tonight Show has become quite the uninteresting bit of tater smash, so I rarely, if ever, watch it any more.

I will do my part, even if a bit late. I send checks because I am leery of doing anything financial over the 'Net.

I have even sent cash through the mail before, never had problem... :)

I agree with above comment that you cannot agree 100% with everything about Ron Paul. But, he's is about as good as we're going to get. IF he gets elected, we will have BIG PROBLEMS. If he does NOT get elected, we will have BIGGER PROBLEMS.

Yes today the race starts. Go Ron Paul!

Iowa is a relatively non-corrupt state. But, if RP does win and they steal it from them, there will be hell to pay. He is the only one who can change anything. Even if he DOES win, we are in for a world of hurt.

If anyone else is POTUS, the hurt will be WORSE and LONGER.

Either way, it could get ugly. But, that's why we are here. Getting ready and egging each other on!

Yes: :flail:

Best case scenario Paul doesn't win the nomination but makes lots of noise and wakes up more people. Then, in 2016 we get a 3rd party post collapse.

Call me crazy but I could see Paul get blamed for the economic shitstorm coming down the pipe if he does get elected. I don't want to see the narrative to say the libertarians brought down the USA. I want the history books to have an accurate account of history.

YES! + 1000 derek

If Ron Paul DID become president, yep, we would have hard times almost instantly. And, yep, they would all blame Ron Paul.

"It's all Ron Paul's fault." Over and over again.

---

Maybe you are right re the future (2016 election) and how the historians would categorize how RP caused it all (if he were to win 2012). But, I would rather have RP win THIS one, and start cleaning up the mess. Waiting until 2016 means a bigger job, a messier clean-up, more debts...

More suffering in the longer run if RP is NOT elected in 2012. F*** the historians. RP is our best hope, the sooner the better. But, if he loses, I will take him in 2016. :)

Last edited:
YES! + 1000 derek

If Ron Paul DID become president, yep, we would have hard times almost instantly. And, yep, they would all blame Ron Paul.

"It's all Ron Paul's fault." Over and over again.

---

Maybe you are right re the future (2016 election) and how the historians would categorize how RP caused it all (if he were to win 2012). But, I would rather have RP win THIS one, and start cleaning up the mess. Waiting until 2016 means a bigger job, a messier clean-up, more debts...

More suffering in the longer run if RP is NOT elected in 2012. F*** the historians. RP is our best hope, the sooner the better. But, if he loses, I will take him in 2016. :)
I don´t think the economy would need a whole presidential term to recover if Ron Paul got his major policies implemented during the first year. I´m thinking of:
- Letting the banking system fail, i.e. stopping the stealth bailouts of US and European banks through the FED.
- Introducing competing currencies.
- Getting the troups home.
- Major entitlement reform.
- No subsidies.
- cut wasteful spending overall

The icing on the cake would be to get rid of the drug war.

I know it´s a lot, but it has to be done as soon as possible.

Paul wouldn't have the support in congress.. He'd get the blame still and wouldn't really be able to accomplish much. We need a complete washout of the system.

Paul wouldn't have the support in congress.. He'd get the blame still and wouldn't really be able to accomplish much. We need a complete washout of the system.
He can veto every bill. And he is commander in chief, so he can bring the troops home without congress (?). He also could repeal all the crazy executive orders.
But sure: I see where you´re coming from.

I think Paul realizes he'd take the heat, but that's part of what makes him great. He'd be like the political equivalent of Batman, the anti-hero. He's willing to take the heat because he knows what needs to be done, and he can handle it.

Ron Paul has been completely left out by the MSM because they fear him. The fear is palpable when MSM commentators are asked about him. They either segue in to something else, demure or simply get mad and call him names. It's like a fifth grader who knows they are wrong, but refuse to back down so they revert to name calling to change direction.

Fucking pathetic if you ask me. Had RP been given equal time in every single debate, he would be in a landslide lead right now.

There must be an error in the graph sa. No way lobbyists were stupid enough to give Ron Paul $451 (because there is no ROI from someone who can't be bought).

Back
Top Bottom