If Europe Should Fail

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
Bold emphasis is mine:
http://www.24hgold.com/english/news...G10020&redirect=false&contributor=Clive+Maund

I think we got a glimpse in last 3 years that should Europe fail, gold and silver will rise as commodities in general fall. As to the bolded part - physical metal = no counterparty risk holla!

Tradition!

Should we lay ("gentlemen's") bets on if/when the European black swan comes to shore?

Things aren't looking good today with the meetings they are having over there to figure out a solution to their debt problems.

Wont be today. China working with IMF (thus getting more influence/votes etc) and promising to help the poor people of EU. Source

Sounds like Brazil is passing but China is taking advantage of the situation.

Well they are certainly taking no action at all unless the IMF is involved. I forget where I saw it but someone posted that even if EU looked for money from developing nations like Brazil, India etc that it still wouldn't work.

In regards to voting in the IMF
Source

Sounds like it was already scripted out.

Just saw marc faber on cnbc ...cue slack jaws and wide open mouths...as somebody tells the talking heads you can't print money anymore!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...viors-could-be-its-greatest-enemies-view.html

Bolded part is what worries me. The eurozone has been leading the calls for a NWO of global currency governance.

Europe, I don't know what's going to happen

Europe, I don't know what's going to happen.

But, I think it is VERY important to stay up to date on what happens there, even if it is grindingly slow. It seems that a lot of us (myself included) think that as Europe starts to fail, we will fail soon thereafter.

Here's a sample timeline, just a scenario in rough chronological order, just my best guess:

1) Greece has some kind of serious failure, Euro markets get slammed, US markets to a lesser degree as well, all within a day or two.

2) Pressure builds on the remainder PIIS quickly. Europe then has a BIG problem. At this point, riots may start in various countries. Germany starts thinking REAL HARD about leaving the Euro and/or the ECB (EU, whatever) quickly agree to find a way to "print the money". Gold starts moving quickly UP!

3) At about the same time, we here in the USA see pressure building up on our CINs (California, Illinois and New York) as well as more municipalities.

4) Europe prints (or EQE via bond buying) and we get our QE3 (QE4?). Gold then starts its HUGE MOVE UP.

5) Hyperinflation and/or other ugly stuff starts happening here in the USA.

I hope as many Americans as possible will be as prepared as possible. Among people I know (family and friends) there SEEMS to be a little glimmer of light, but almost ALL of them own no gold, nor think anything BAD will happen. Actually, I hope they are right, that nothing really bad happens., but I do not think we will be so lucky.

Last edited:
pmbug...you have it exactly right.

imo, the only acceptable resolution will be to print, print, and print some more, they have already shown their willingness to do so...
as far as your last para... the usa has been there done that.. won't work again

imo its simple, print or the euro dies... and they will all print, europe, japan usa, china .....everyone.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…