If you had to rate 2013 would you say it was what you expected it to be? What were some of the highs

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
If you had to rate 2013 would you say it was what you expected it to be? What were some of the highs and lows?

It seems a lot easier for me when I just consider things that happen, rather than as to whether they are good for me or bad for me.

I heard a parable a while back, don't know if it was on here or not.

A Chinese farmer is working in the field, when his horse runs off. All his neighbors say, what have you done to anger the gods? Fortune has bypassed you.

He just said, "things happen".

The next day, his horse came back, with four mares following it. His neighbors said, "Oh, you are so lucky, the gods have favored you"

The next day, his sons' leg is badly broken while trying to saddle one of the mares. His neighbors say, "Oh, the gods are angered at you again. That must be why you have this misfortune".

The next day, the emperors soldiers arrive at his farm on a mission to round up all the single male children in order to conscript them into the emperors latest war; upon seeing his sons injury they forgo taking him and the farmers neighbors say "Oh, the Gods have shown favor upon you, you are so lucky".

And the farmer just said "things happen".

I don't know where I heard this, maybe on this forum, but anyway I thought it was good.

well we didnt break the Morgue and my stash is down 20% in fiat terms ......
and looking like it could be even lower for the year end.
Printing continues, yet no real impact.
Unemployment up and pay rates static or falling

Bernanke goes out on a 'high note' though )-:

no high points

RBlong, my stash weights exactly the same thing as when I bought it. (yeah I know you said when compared to fiat). But don't sweat it. here comes another buying opportunity. For Asia. Even two of my acquaintances here had cashed out their 401ks and bought PM's (they actually came to me and asked me how to do it). i do not consider them doomers. yet.

The highs would be picking up over 8.5mm worth of work backlog, with 6.5 of that being won by myself.

The lows would have to include the passing of a very good friend from adult onset leukemia. The guy was the best gunsmith I have ever seen, a great friend and even better father to his kids. He made the most outstanding roasted goat, the best smoked hog and even better smoked fish. My friend was a sage and competent man, country at heart to the end. He will be missed.

It was not what I expected. I didn't think the gold market would come in like this while the stock market was propped up. I knew it "could" happen but I didn't think it was going to be this stretched.

I thought 2013 was a drag--- execpt for I did upgrade my car. So that was a score.

LIBERTY QUARTERS (Qty 4 COINS)
Item price
$10.00
Quantity
Item number
Shipping service
USPS First Class Package
Leave feedback Contact seller Return item
cool deal on 4 lib quarters.

Back
Top Bottom