Im cold- complain here-

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
The neighbor wants me to move boxes to her attic. My pain levels are too bad for that. She is worried about her attic- I am running out of clean clothes and my washer is froze up. My house is a mess. So- yeah- I am worried about someone elses attic.

/rant

add your complaints

Cold is relative to what you have become accustomed to. For my purposes, life begins at 80 degrees Fahrenheit, so right now I am uncomfortable, but not truly cold. It is 65 degrees right now, up from 45 this morning, which I find particularly cold, especially with our high humidity and a swift breeze.

A couple years back I went up to Plymouth Mass. to see a friend and forgot just how cold it got there in October. I was miserable.

I actually do like Winter- just not extreme temps, or too much snow.

I am very glad to be on the monthly plan for my heat.

It has been worse- yes. Right now roads are closed- i80-i90 western PA and western NY- due to white out- and accidents.

It is sunny but very cold where I am at.

I talked to my brother the other day- and told him to be happy for now- as he is in FL. It went out the other ear.

The cold or heat is bad when extreme temps go on for days on end. The body cant warm/cool the way it should.

I hear you about humidity.

I really do like PA tho. I think the state is well managed. One example is our car fees. It isnt that expensive to own a car. Some states pay $300 a year or more.

Heat is also relative. Here in Florida, I don't put on short sleeved shirts until it hits eighty. I don't consider it to be "hot" until it reaches 92 with a relative humidity of 70% or greater. It's not unbearable until it hits 95 with 75% or greater relative humidity.

My thyroid is shot- so 80 is too warm. Over the Summer I forget my tricks to be warm in winter- and vice versa.

I had $6000 of weatherization done here. (thanks obama) I expected the results to be better then what they are. I really did.

My grandparents were snow birds. They would Winterize their house in PA and go to Webster FL- a gated campground for retired. The camp costs what the heat would have. I would do something like that. When my grampa died gram said the camper with addition for only $1000. Someone got a deal.

BTW- I have it worked out with the boy next door. He is 12- I am giving him his first job. I asked his mom. This summer- I am going to have him do my weeds. As you may recall- code was on me alot last year. Local politics. So it is set up in advance to have the kid help.
I am not sure what I will pay him yet. Hmm- I might even pay him a gift card I can cash in per my credit card.

What do kids get for yard work?

My problem is- I should have a 6 ft wood fence. My yard is a botanical garden- and that brush breaches -the sidewalk. I also have at least 4 invasive trees- I cant kill them- because it would also kill my blue spruces.

It pissed me off- 2x when the code guy got on me- I had just done all the weeding. So now I leave clipping lay on the walk- so if a pic is taken you can see I am working on it. I also let a hoe and some tools out right near my door. Yes- that can be stolen- but I get panic attacks when the code guy comes.

Target has some nice prices on shoes.

Blacks are boycotting target- because they want annie to be black. The kicker is- the black girl was in fact asked to model for target, but had a time conflict- so now a white girl models.

I am quiet today, I am fighting a mild stomach bug. I lugged 6 loads of laundry to the laundrymat.

Today I have a mild stomach bug. The bath room is upstairs and one of these times I am not going to make it.

The cold froze up my washer, and may have burned out my motor. I smelled smoke.

So I had to take 6 loads of clothes to the laundrymat. When I did- I discovered clothes I forgot I have. I have some returns to do. As it turns out I gained 12 lbs going to the donut shop.

Name brand socks have to go back. They are too cheaply made.

My place could be more organized. When you get clothes do you throw out old ones? Socks with holes that are cotton can make good rags. When a t-shirt wears out- the cotton is gone and only polyester is left..so those dont make good rags.

Our dump- went up $2 a can to $2.25. But the cheapest garbage guy is $2.50 a can. So $.25 for the convenience of it picked up. Being that I have a nicer car now- I would rather pay the quarter. The "dump" is about 6 blocks.

Dumping clothes, how timely...

:)

Our daughter was down recently to enjoy some warm weather and help move her wedding preps along. Our daughter is very trendy. So she decided the other day to do a "purge". Well I overheard a part of that, but it did not sound like something that I needed to hear more about.

Well, that afternoon, I see a HUGE pile of clothes on the floor in our bedroom. WTF? Turns out that is the purge (my wife's clothes)... My wife said that some of those clothes are maybe 30 years old, and that people would laugh if they saw her wearing them.

For perspective, the pile is about 2 and a half ft high and 6 ft long. I don't even want to think about how much that weighs... It looks like that pile of "dino-droppings" from the movie "Jurassic Park"...

Every time I go to move I am shocked at how much junk I have.

I have already bought widgets even tho I had 2 already and could not find the one.

I figure for every bag of junk I bring in, a bag must leave. That is to have the same amount of stuff when I fist moved in.

The morning sun is shining on me. What a nice feeling.

Time for a yard sale man.

When I moved to where I live now, I just asked the guy I sold my old house if he wanted anything I was going to leave behind or throw out. He was like a kid in a candy store. The guy told me to leave everything I didn't want, even if I thought it was trash. The feeling I had once I was no longer burdened with two sheds full of useless shit and a house full of twenty year old clothes was fantastic. My wife lost it when I told her though, but got over it pretty quick when I said she could spend three grand to buy new clothes. I got new appliances, new furniture.....new everything.

Lose the crap and life becomes suddenly easier.

I know some do cash in on garage sales but I would sooner just toss most of it. Or donate it. I noticed locally even if you give something away the person will ask in that irksome tone of voice- does it work. I dont know if that is only this area...or what.

Temp is nice now. I been to target to do returns. I think I have year round socks all figured out now.

A buddy of mine posted this...

While trukkin down westbound 70 thru Kansas last night I noticed the truck ahead of me stay to swerve badly. I keyed up the radio and asked him if he was ok. "NO! I THINK I'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK!!!" Bout gave me one too. He hit the shoulder and I followed suit. Got 911 on the phone while I got into his truck and helped him lay down on his bed. I saw a bottle of Baeyer and gave him a couple,asking him questions trying to keep him talking.
Took medics and troopers roughly 15 minutes to arrive, by then he was doing better and the color had started to return to his face. I found his cell phone and called his wife and let her know what was going on. While medics loaded him up I talked with troopers about what had happened, then came time for them to deal with the guys truck. Should they impound it? One knew of a nearby ranch he could call to see if it could be parked there, but neither knew how to drive a semi. I offered.to help, but only if one of them stayed back with my truck. So we got it moved, I got back to my truck and here i am totally exhausted but feeling more alive than I have in a long time. Is one thing to witness the works of God first hand, quite another to be right smack in the middle of it

as long as this is chit chat.. my cousin backed out of hosting the japanese guy- and she asked me to tell him.

He is let down and I am too.

After thinking it over... I just dont see how she is so "busy", more like she is taking too much xanax.

Time for a yard sale man.

When I moved to where I live now, I just asked the guy I sold my old house if he wanted anything I was going to leave behind or throw out. He was like a kid in a candy store. The guy told me to leave everything I didn't want, even if I thought it was trash. The feeling I had once I was no longer burdened with two sheds full of useless shit and a house full of twenty year old clothes was fantastic. My wife lost it when I told her though, but got over it pretty quick when I said she could spend three grand to buy new clothes. I got new appliances, new furniture.....new everything.

Lose the crap and life becomes suddenly easier.

obviously written by someone who has never been married to a filipina. :)
years ago we had an empty room she filled with empty boxes. The rats blew it and it stunk and I went nuts and threw everything away; she almost started crying.
She has saved everything we have ever had since we got married 21 years ago. I am never for want of anything, we already have it all.
When I got married, everything i owned fit in my saddlebags. :)

I was going to buy more hoodies and pants. I could use just 1 more pair of pants.

I took stuff to target to exhange- they have hanes extra buy one get 1/2 off the other. so a 10 pack of socks is $15, and the next one $7.50. Each pack had a free one-- so that is 22 pair of socks for $22.50. Those are good weather socks tho- the 1.4. I dont like the no show- because they slip off. They wear out fast too. So the 1/4 or crew is my preferred. I also want at least 70% cotton. I can go thru 3 or 4 pair a day. Often tho just 2.

So- I expand the clothes I own- I will keep some of the old ones for painting and yard work- but I have to throw SOMETHING out. My whole house is becoming a junk room. I had planned on only 2 junk rooms.

Hahaha.

We were once on really good terms. She has turned negative, self absorbed, and to be blunt, bitchy. I dont want to remember her this way. I am going to avoid her. The icky memories are pushing out the good memories. The past 6 months she wants to lay a guilt trip on me for anything she can thick of.

our prison is on fire. it looks bad. it is built out of rock

why is it 'your' prison Penn ?

Is it not your repressor and controllers prison, for those who do not obey their rules ?

The fire may be a total loss.

https://twitter.com/SunburyPA

I was watching live tv, and I seen them replay. I wonder when live was live. Take a look at the feed. The pics are pretty vivid.

I took a car load of stuff to recycling. That is a good start.

Back
Top Bottom