I'm hosting this party so I should introduce myself

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
How embarrassing! I forgot to do this earlier and now the place is full of guests.

Let me start by explaining what I'm not. I'm not an expert or authority in metals trading, monetary policy, politics, farming, gardening or the preparedness culture. I do, however, have more than a passing interest in all these things because I'm concerned for the future (and I'm a fairly fast learner).

I'm 40+ and married with two children (boys). Currently living in the burbs, but dreaming of a countryside paradise.

I'm a computer nerd. I've been playing with computers since I was a boy and my father brought home a TRS-80. I've been participating in and managing online communities since the days of 1200 BAUD modems (long before the WWW internet became popular).

I've got a fairly twisted sense of humor and a penchant for cultural references, so I hope that if I ever post something that doesn't immediately make sense, you give me a chance to explain it.

That should do for now.

Here, here! Cheers:cheers: <---- Well in this instance, those are actually supposed to be cold brewskies rather than coffee mugs.

It is almost time to go to bed... So let me offer up my late night "Buenas Noches Irene" drink to, well, help this party end on a decent note:

1 part absinthe
1 part cold water
3 parts raspberry vodka

all from the freezer! This is my version of Hemingway's "Death in the Afternoon" (1 part absinthe, 4 parts champagne), and I call MY invention:

"Death After Midnight"

Keep a wingman glass of water nearby!

It's in a barrel in the basement. Here, I'll turn the light on for you:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom