I'm still here

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
:wave:

I haven't been posting much lately. Been busy fighting fires "IRL". Haven't really noticed anything new in the news space with respect to gold or macro economics. Seems like things are still teetering and tottering. Seems like we are all just waiting for the dam to start springing leaks again while noticing that all of our fingers are already plugging holes from the last go 'round.

Yeah Bug

Its all gone a bit quiet here and I think most forums I visit are similarly subdued.

I wonder what it is we are all currently responding to ?

Its certainly the case that no amount of predicting the fall of the COMEX / world financial reset/ fall of europe/ all the other doomer predictions we have been reading about for the last 8 years, has been correct ...... so far

Ive become accepting of whatever the controllers decide is the way forward, yet remain confident it will all end in tears at some point.

Beaten into submission ?
Don't think so, cos Ive never considered selling the pile of metal and would buy more if I suddenly found myself sitting on a pile of digitised £'s

But its all been said, ad infinitum.
What more could be discussed ?

I suppose we are seeing a lot more volatility in pm prices with $20 movements in gold fairly normal. It wasn't so long ago that such a move would have excited everyone.
So will we see even bigger moves develop, so in the not too distant future $100 moves become par ?

Ah those $100 up days were the days :nugget:

Here in the USA we are also mired deep in the middle of a Presidential election year that is dominating the news cycle. Seems like a a few things are "on hold" pending the outcome of that - not just politically like SCOTUS appoint to replace the late Scalia, but businesses as well waiting to get some guidance on the regulatory and tax framework that will be coming with the new POTUS.

I was busy last week with an oil industry (downstream) related conference. As expected, attendance to the annual event was down over previous years. Heard that several companies had cut all budgets for sending their folks to industry conferences. Sign of the times I guess.

Enjoyed a holiday weekend without turning on the computer. That was nice.

Now the kids are almost done with school. Ah, the joys of a home office....

Im still here and looking at a $30 up day with a bit of a smile
just looking at the months chart makes me fairly circumspect about the metals though ....

And why is the price of oil up 30% from the lows when theres nothing in the real world to drive price increases and we constantly read about oil stacked up everywhere with nowhere to go ?

It just screams out market manipulation but in the opposite direction to the metals )-:

I can see why so many just momentum trade whatever they see, as fundamentals really don't seem relevant anymore.

Sorry I haven't been around too much lately. Wife was in the hospital for surgery yesterday. Separately and unrelated, 16 year old son had a minor wreck with the family car (probably $3K in body damage - still need to take it to the body shop). It's been crazy for me the last week or so. I am hopeful that things will settle down soon.

Sorry to hear about your wife, hope everything turns out ok. Sucks the car is dinged up, but at least the kids ok. My son is taking the car out of town this weekend, so I'm stressing on that. He also just joined the Army (same MOS as me BTW) so my wife is stressed about that, even though he doesn't ship until July.

Thoughts and best wishes for your wife and family. Hope everything turns out well.

Thanks folks. Wife appears to be recovering well. The car still needs to go to the shop. Hopefully this week is less eventful.

Good news regarding your wifes health Bug.
In the end its the only thing that really matters.

Youngsters in cars will almost always involve bent metal and costs.
I put mine in cheap, low insurance risk vehicles and trained em to never let on to their insurance company if they were involved in a collision that only involved damage to vehicles or property, regardless of 'blame'. This included the 'don't know who Im insured with, talk to my dad' response at the scene......

Once they had got a few years no claim bonus / track record, they were away and were sorting their vehicles and insurance deals for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom