Incredible article on ZH

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
I just read an unbelievable article over on ZH. I am not sure if I am allowed to copy and paste it, so I will simply paste a link:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-sentinel-case-another-nail-coffin-market-confidence

HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!

This article explains how brokerages that steal customers cash from segregated accounts to use as collateral for a loan can actually do so and it is not againsty the law. At that point, the banks can sieze the cash used for collateral and there isnothing the customer whose segregated account was stolen can do.

Bye bye rule of law, hello oligarchic fascism.:judge:

Here is another article on the subject:

Unobtanium,
I agree completely. Just like a credit card application, folks don't read what they sign. They simply do not. Therefore, the banks go in with this knowledge, offering people an extra percentage point on savings, checking.......whstever, then proceed to obligate this money for something else. It truly is groundbreaking stuff.

What I see happenning is banks going in slow and stealthily to do this, It will be veiled and protected so watch out!

Ancona, this reminds me of some thoughts that I had way back many many years ago when I "bought" my first house.

My wife and I were young back then, and, like everyone else buying a house, were presented with a mound of paperwork on closing day, along with a closing agent to "explain" what each document was about.

And you are faced with a choice to stop and read every document before you sign (and be there for hours on end), or plow through the paperwork and get out in about 30-45 min.

I remember thinking back then, "I should really read what I am signing". But then talked myself out of it, "Well, thousands of people do this every day; it must be OK".

Then I thought about how many other documents I was signing back then without reading: waiver forms at doctors' offices, credit applications, etc etc....always thinking, "Well everyone else signs these things, so what could be so bad about it". Boy what a stupid sheeple maroon I was back then. Baaaa, I'll just do what everyone else is doing, it must be right.

It turns out that the mortgage business is a sham (this really pisses me off to no end), and so many other things that are designed NOT for our benefit, but for the banksters and power elite.

So I am a lot older and a little wiser now, trying to teach some of these principles to my children and any other young person that is willing to listen. I wish I would have learned about some of these things, including gold and silver, at a much younger age.

I drove me realtor, real estate lawyer, and real estate banker nuts as I read through every single item in that monster packet to purchase my first house. They are really not used to people doing that sort of thing.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…