india gold

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Fascinating video. Thanks for posting.

One of my sons was grumpy yesterday. I assumed it was because his older brother or cousin was hassling him, but he didn't want to tell me why. He waxed philosophical telling me that he was just sad because he was "reflecting on his life" (he's so funny sometimes). Anyway, he needed some persective on just how good he has it in this life, so I made them (both him and his older brother) sit down and watch this video. It really grabbed their attention and they watched the whole thing - amazed at the struggles and conditions that some people deal with in their lives. We enjoyed some interesting conversation afterwards. Very constructive. Cheers.

that is the condition Bing and I lived in when we got married. The caveat being that I had US dollars and a way out. Eventually her family got out of Tondo and moved to Cavite (two hour bus ride to work, but significantly better living conditions by their standards). They wanted me to buy a "house", a ten by ten foot block room, for 200,000 (4000. dollars US) but I declined. I think it probably pissed them of. We ended up buying land 1000 kilometers south, in Pagadian City in Zamboanga del Sur on the island of Mindanao. Much, much nicer but no work (which is why everyone goes to the city). We have flip-flopped back and forth US/Philippines over the last 19 years; I like it there better and Bing likes it better here. The kids like it better there. They would NEVER complain about their lot in life for fear of what mama would say/do. :rotflmbo:

That video is eye opening. Every high school kid should watch it. I would be very curious to see Episode 2 and 3.

I kinda thought this helped to define how refined we are as a culture here in the US:

http://www.occupycorporatism.com/modeled-after-a-trough-burger-king-reveals-hands-free-way-to-eat/

edited to add: after further investigation, apparently this video was a joke/hoax done by Burger King to celebrate their 50th anniversary which backfired. Apparently, instead of conveying the message how easy it was to eat a whopper while doing something else, it conveyed the message that Americans were so lazy that they couldn't even hold their own food while they ate. Duh.

Last edited:
I kinda thought this helped to define how refined we are as a culture here in the US:

http://www.occupycorporatism.com/modeled-after-a-trough-burger-king-reveals-hands-free-way-to-eat/

edited to add: after further investigation, apparently this video was a joke/hoax done by Burger King to celebrate their 50th anniversary which backfired. Apparently, instead of conveying the message how easy it was to eat a whopper while doing something else, it conveyed the message that Americans were so lazy that they couldn't even hold their own food while they ate. Duh.

WTF!!!!

:rotflmbo:

I'm speechless!

-Q

Great video Jay! Thanks for posting, I grew up in South Africa which has a lot of poverty but always good to see something like this to put things into perspective. Also love the entrepreneurial spirit & attitude these guys have! Climbing down sewers at 3am in the morning and shovelling faeces with a smile on his face!

Sad as well though, especially guys working with the acid and mercury with their bare hands, mercury is so toxic!

Sad as well though, especially guys working with the acid and mercury with their bare hands, mercury is so toxic!

If you watch vid 1 all the way through, much later in the video they visit "Jaffe", the guy who buys the sacks of mud/shit from them. They show his operation where they process the sacks and they have a huge furnace in the middle of their compound where they burn off their mercury solutions and the smoke/fumes are billowing all around the guy as the cameras are rolling and interviewing him. So nasty!

Back
Top Bottom