Interesting about silver

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Potemkin

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
Some interesting info in this video - about silver's current price fall...

Would be nice if the video had been summarized or linked to a summarization for those of use who cannot view videos.

Merlin, I had not yet watched the video, so I took a few notes when I watched it:

Silver is manipulated, etc etc

More buying, more supply breaks, more mines cutting production while the silver price stays low.

Shanghai futures exchange stockpile of silver has gone down from 1000 tons a year ago to 94 tons now.

Price of silver trickles down, down, down while demand is going up. Makes no sense other than the market is manipulated. Will continue until there is a physical break in the market.

Something big and bad going on behind the scenes?

Lehman Brothers collapsed just after silver collapsed back in 2008. Was silver telegraphing something bad going on or were they purposely driving it down to allow people to get out of their contract positions. Then S&P starts going down only after silver bottomed out.

Similarly, is silver telegraphing a crash in Oct 2014?

Stay away from generic silver. Premiums on Eagles and Maples will hold up a lot better than for generic silver.

Ends with a advertisement for some of his coins.

Stay away from generic silver. Premiums on Eagles and Maples will hold up a lot better than for generic silver.

I like to keep a balance in my silver with approx 1/3 in junk silver, 1/3 in generic rounds and bars, and another 1/3 in coins like ASE's, CSM's, etc. What would you consider the 10ozt bars from RCM or perth mint? Generic, or more like govt. made bullion similar to a CSM? Maybe a bit of both?

http://www.silver.com/10-oz-silver-royal-canadian-mint-bars/

http://www.perthmintbullion.com/us/Buy-Silver-Bars/10oz.aspx?size=22

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom