Is now, April 2015, the time to heavily invest in gold and silver?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Having read this, I now wonder, as most of us would, which direction are we headed in?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Just a few months ago, traders were betting that Russia would have to sell its gold reserves. But the newest data show the exact opposite. Russia is now buying more gold than it has since the days of the Soviet Union.

It’s a smart strategy that has helped to stabilize its currency, the ruble. And it will prove even more beneficial if China really is planning to create a gold-backed super-currency, as some speculate.

Russia is also selling off its US Treasuries. This is all part of Russia’s (and its pal China’s) plan to undermine the US dollar. Casey Research analyst Laurynas Vegys parsed the data, and he says the message is clear. “By offloading treasuries and loading up on gold, Russia is making an all-in bet against the US dollar, in favor of the yellow metal.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone wish to comment?

Well, if you believe the speculation about the engineered collapse in the oil price, you really shouldn't be surprised. Each side is actively trying to undermine the other.

I think it's clear from the Tin Foil Hats thread that Russia was headed in this direction eventually anyway. I believe that recent events (sanctions, Ukraine/Syria, oil price, etc.) merely gave Russia the will to accelerate the timetable.

Seems I'm off my thoughts regarding .. If now is a good time to invest in gold and silver. Well, to get back to this.... No, now is not the time to invest in Gold or Silver. My opinion is that Gold will eventually drop to somewhere in the vicinity of $900.00 by this coming June, or certainly by some miracle it does not, then most assuredly it will during October, 2015. Personally I will not be purchasing any more precious metals at this time and will follow my intuition because I see, from all the negative news and such, that a collapse will happen and most stable things as we have come to accept, will fall apart and will cause great concern.

There is some good news on the horizon, but that will wait until this phenomena plays itself out.

Of course if you buy Gold and Silver at this time, you will if you want to wait long enough make somewhat of a profit. But if you want to get a real killing on your investment, hold off. Presently, this is what I have determined to do.

Yes Indeed. Thus, high interest rates cause the price of gold to drop. Even the expectation of an interest rate hike is enough to send gold prices lower.

Well, what do you know. Finally some expectation has been shown that the rate of interest will increase in the United States, as was my thought of more than a year ago.

Expectation is as I see it... in 2015, it will be in the vicinity of 1.5%; in 2016 it will increase upwards to 2.5 and in 2017 it will go even higher, up to give or take a little, 3.8%. That rational has been set many times over. When interest rates rise, the price of gold decreases proportionately. Is it time now to buy gold and silver? Absolutely not. Sit on your money and when you feel gold and silver prices have bottomed out, then all speed ahead to buy as much as you can, when the price hits around the $900.00 mark.

As for me, I will save every cent I can from hereon in so that I will be well prepared when I figure that those precious metals are possibly at their lowest peak.

If anyone is buying silver and gold, would you kindly tell me why. I would like to get different opinions on this. My point being, that you have to really do your research on this, and get all the information and whatnot from every source possible. This will enable most of us to make an informed decision and not just jump in and take most everything for granted. Which, in my opinion, is the lazy and non productive method. Many times over, we are indeed victims of our own circumstance. But, when we throw our backs into it, so as to say, we reap the rewards. Think about it.

If anyone is buying silver and gold, would you kindly tell me why. ...

There is a difference between a trading mentality (looking for quick/big "profits") and a stacking mentality (looking for a hedge/insurance against currency crisis). The former tries to time the markets (perhaps with mining stocks) and is latter is happy dollar cost averaging physical metal. If you are in the latter category, it is always a good time to buy.

I don't see gold and silver as an investment at all. I see it as a vehicle to protect me from the FED and their "need" for inflation to tax away ever larger portions of my savings. While I doo keep significant cash reserves, I do so primarily because of a need to be able to cover the high deductible insurance I carry on my home, high deductible auto coverage with huge limits, out-of-pocket health care expenses and around a year worth of general expenses at current spending levels. The rest is in hard metals.

Back in '77 you could buy silver all day long for around two bucks an ounce. A fifty thousand dollar purchase back then would have given you years of security today. If you sold it off when silver breached forty, you would have bagged the whale. Even now though, you would have realized an incredible savings over the stawk market. Gold too has done well at eliminating inflation.

The saying goes that back in 1900 a twenty dollar gold piece would buy a man a fine suit of cloths. The same goes for today.

Expectation is as I see it... in 2015, it will be in the vicinity of 1.5%; in 2016 it will increase upwards to 2.5 and in 2017 it will go even higher, up to give or take a little, 3.8%. That rational has been set many times over. When interest rates rise, the price of gold decreases proportionately. Is it time now to buy gold and silver? Absolutely not. Sit on your money and when you feel gold and silver prices have bottomed out, then all speed ahead to buy as much as you can, when the price hits around the $900.00 mark.

Presumably gov debt will not be required to pay interest ?
We are led to believe that its game over if the current debt has to be serviced .....

I'm standing pat on this one. Think I will take a rest from this until the middle of June, this year. My crystal ball tells me something will have happened by then. Something that will answer most of our questions regarding gold and silver and what we should do in the month or two following this.

I used to get a bit caught up in the groupthink as I tried to fathom out wtf it was all about.
hence my now owning 50kg of silver ( purchased at around $30 )
Trying to filter out the strident tones of those who feel obliged to make predictions because thats 'what they do' for a living or because they have 'followers' gets easier over time.

If your personal crystal ball tells you to hold off, then hold off but know that a small move can quickly become a big one and just as quickly move to no bid or no availability.

Hey, just had to answer this one. Predictions to me are simply a form of planning in a positive way. I think big, plan big and usually "checkmate", everything falls into order. In the interim, I still contend that during the next few months, this period is a time to somewhat stand still and keep track of all the serious happenings that are presently ongoing. I see many changes coming... some good and some not so much so. It wont be long now.... tempus fugit.

Yes, I am incorrigible.

Question..... If you knew that the price of gold was to see an increase of 10 times its present value and that silver was to explode to 20 times its current value, within the next 12 months; which would you invest in?

Ridiculous question one may think, but the pathway of what I have so far discovered just may lead us to this outcome. We are due to one heck of a bullish session that is coming soon, with gold and silver competing to determine which out performs the other. It will be most interesting and rewarding to many who see this as a great opportunity to invest accordingly.

I think most of us here understand that silver has more potential to outperform gold when the kraken is released, but answering your question can only be done in the context of more information. How much are you investing? If investing in physical, how to you plan to store/safeguard you investment?

Well, in order to safeguard my investment, you certainly don't give this important information on an open forum such as this. And as well, you should not advertise where or how you intend to properly store and maintain control and safety of your precious metals. If you want complete control and the feeling of confidence, keep your business to yourself.

The only two that have privy to this information is myself and my wife. Other than that, I think the consequences of anyone knowing my business could be quite detrimental. Yes, and I do have a backup document filed with my lawyer in the event of some unforeseen event.

I didn't intend for you to answer those questions here on a public forum. I was just trying to show that the answer to your question is more situational/complex than what you originally proposed.

Just caught a glimpse of someone's contention that gold will fall to $700.00/oz. Have to go back and research this in an effort to determine if this is personal speculation or otherwise. I thought that it may go somewhere near $900.00.. but $700.00 seems to be out of the question from the direction I have.

If gold does move on that path in a downward course, where does that place silver? Interesting indeed.

Its really great to observe heavy invest in Gold and silver as the news was suggesting that world is not in need of gold 1079 tons of gold was the entire need of world and it was decreasing by 1% every year as the increase in investment is seen it will balance the situation.

If gold does move on that path in a downward course, where does that place silver? Interesting indeed.

From what I understand, the trend is that silver moves twice as fast as gold. If gold goes up 1% silver goes up 2%. If gold goes down 3% silver goes down 6%.

The drop in price you predict may leave silver very cheap. It may also trigger the physical shortage in silver scandal to break, changing the paradigm and sending silver short-term higher than gold as some predict.

However this kind of thing could take place over the course of 15 minutes, or a number of months, theres no way of knowing.

In the light of a bit of an updraft catching hold I thought I would search out the most recent 'is it time to buy' discussion here.

Its been a dismal 12 months for the metals and I suspect even now we are not going to get too excited cos we've seen what the bastards can do to keep prices down.

It just feels a bit different this time....

Not going to be too many selling to meet margin calls cos they all moved out of gold and now are more likely short.

So are we off to the races or just another lower high looming in a loooong downtrend ?

I gave up the crystal ball business a long time ago. Seems like we will see a gradual uptrend until something dramatic happens.

Gold has had a nice little burp up in price so far in 2016. The charts that I look at however (I do not do technical analysis) show that this price rise is actually rather moderate.

We do seem to be lurching form crisis to new crisis though. With none of the old ones getting resolved.

^^^ Black Swans, only in complicated flocks? ^^^

Back
Top Bottom