Is the downtrend in silver over?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mmerlinn

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
It looks like silver may have finally broken the downtrend. If it has, the rocky ride up will resume.

AgWk120828.JPG

Gold is trying real hard, but hasn't quite made it yet.

continuous gold futures contracts actually have been above the trendline for over a week. 4 closes. Silver has 3.

I think we will probably see more drama before a dramatic rise. Bernanke has a speech on Friday and then a fed meeting coming up. I'm hoping we see more continuation and then start a retracement to keep things from getting frothy. I want the move this fall to be sustainable and exciting..

Last edited:
I'm hoping we see more continuation and then start a retracement to keep things from getting frothy. I want the move this fall to be sustainable and exciting..

Typical formation on breakouts is that after the breakout, prices usually drop back to the breakout line a few weeks later. In silver today, assuming that silver has indeed broken the downtrend, that could mean as low as 26 around the end of the year, but more likely 28 in October for the last great buying opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom