It's tax season

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

How many middle-class, moderate-income people have played that Tax Game? Utter a few magic words, invent a construct that has never been upheld...and wind up in Federal prison.

If you're really ugly about it, the Feds have been known to make their own sort of Hard Time. Irving Schiff, Peter's father, died in Federal prison of cancer, not treated - while mere embezzlers and Mann-Act violators are released for relatively-minor health issues.

As noted, what the laws (when they were authored) intended, does not matter. What matters is how the Kourts and the sinecured legislators now INSIST it means.

Technically correct but its a tricky minefield, one that your likely to get done blowed up before saving much money.

If more people started acting as though it did, it would.
Hogwash. As long as the "Justice" department, federal law enforcement, and the courts continue under deep state control everyone will be selectively prosecuted (or persecuted) regardless of the truth.

Hogwash. As long as the "Justice" department, federal law enforcement, and the courts continue under deep state control everyone will be selectively prosecuted (or persecuted) regardless of the truth.
It's not hogwash. If enough people do anything, the gov has no option but to go along with it.

Now if the vast majority jump when the gov says "jump", then yes, those not jumping are few and easy to make an example of.

Case in point, the only reason they tried doing the vax mandate was because so many had already taken it willingly, it made it easier to try to force everyone else to do it too.
....but had only a few taken it, with the rest saying no, it woulda been the exact opposite.

Take SS#'s as another example. Had the vast majority said at the time, "up yours, gov" "now give us our gold back". Instead of sheepishly going along and jumping through the hoops that had been set up for them (us), it would have failed within the year of its inception.

Speeding on the hwy is another example. When's the last time you were on the hwy and everyone was doing the speed limit? Likely never. Also prolly didn't see lines of popo cars pulling everyone over, either. In most places, they don't even try enforcing it.
....but if there was only one guy doin' 70 in a 60mph zone, he's easy pickin'

Bottom line, the only reason we are in the situation we are, is due to too many taking perceived the easy way by going along with all the bs in order to get along.

Exactly. How many decades have we had to live with "gun control" - the plain wording of the Constitution, notwithstanding? And if perchance there's any simpletons who believe the Left's sophistry...the AUTHORS of the Constitution EXPLAINED...WHAT IT MEANT. In the essays later bundled as The Federalist Papers.

None of that matters. For about a century, States have abrogated what the Constitution guarantees; and for 30 years, Congress had also done so.

And there's no change in sight.

The only way to effect change is to 1st educate the masses. I understand the defeatist attitude. I have 0 influence skills. LOL. However, one day someone with more influence skills with a large following will get ahold of this information and it could then go viral.
Right now there is an entire pissed off generation that is tired of the high prices and fed up with the lack of opportunity. High cost of everything along with low pay is ripe for some truth to spew forward. Maybe in our lifetimes or maybe not. Should I stop posting the truth because no one will follow the law anyway or should I keep posting it for all to see in hopes that the right influencer picks it up? What if Joe Rogan or Tim Poole or Tucker Carlson decided to pick up the issue and run with it. Overnight it then becomes a huge debate in the publics eye.
Take away the Governments power to directly steal peoples money and this country's freedom is returned. The government is reduced by at least 90% and all the free money is eliminated. Everything becomes much more affordable to all and all these stupid programs the government rams down everyones throats are also eliminated. We return to a strict adherence to the constitution and our constitutional republic is saved.

The only way to effect change is to 1st educate the masses. I understand the defeatist attitude. I have 0 influence skills. LOL. However, one day someone with more influence skills with a large following will get ahold of this information and it could then go viral.
Right now there is an entire pissed off generation that is tired of the high prices and fed up with the lack of opportunity. High cost of everything along with low pay is ripe for some truth to spew forward. Maybe in our lifetimes or maybe not. Should I stop posting the truth because no one will follow the law anyway or should I keep posting it for all to see in hopes that the right influencer picks it up? What if Joe Rogan or Tim Poole or Tucker Carlson decided to pick up the issue and run with it. Overnight it then becomes a huge debate in the publics eye.
Take away the Governments power to directly steal peoples money and this country's freedom is returned. The government is reduced by at least 90% and all the free money is eliminated. Everything becomes much more affordable to all and all these stupid programs the government rams down everyones throats are also eliminated. We return to a strict adherence to the constitution and our constitutional republic is saved.
Only problem is over half of the population is dependent on the government for their survival. I guess, as long as their individual program is not the one being cancelled they will be ok with it,,😃. There really is no hope for a salvation. It's over.🪦🪦🪦

Only problem is over half of the population is dependent on the government for their survival. I guess, as long as their individual program is not the one being cancelled they will be ok with it,,😃. There really is no hope for a salvation. It's over.🪦🪦🪦
Not really.

Our present system is done for.

Not us.

What do they teach alkies in AA? You have to hit bottom before you can start back up. Our hitting bottom is going to be the end of Fake Money - collapse of the fiat dollar. That is if our new guest voters don't launch a free-for-all civil war, first.

But the outcome is the same. Chaos, and everyone is off the government teat.

Then comes the rebuilding. Probably not as one nation, either. We cannot make common cause with Leftists who want to share what's ours with them, and want to control our every thought as well. They have to make their own Dystopia.

But, if we act intelligently, there will be some vestige of freedom in some places. Maybe not electric power, and certainly not all this printed-up wealth to waste on Culling drugs for the Deplorables...but liberated individuals. Hard work but an easy society.

I think all the definitions and obfuscation come down to terms like Citizen and Resident of The UNITED STATES. Basically, only people that live in DC are subject to those things. BUT you can easily opt yourself into the system, by like filing. Gets real tricky I imagine with entities like LLC's and I really don't have the time or will to be in court all the time.

BUT you can easily opt yourself into the system, by like filing.
Well yea. File a form that tells the gov you produced and sold 1000 gallons of whiskey (even if you didn't) and see if they don't come to collect the owed taxes on it.

Back
Top Bottom