Jim Rogers big picture advice is be prepared

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Interviewed by GoldCore:

Jim is a big picture guy and I always enjoy listening to him even if he largely says the same thing every time. I didn't hear him talking up agriculture so much as a opportunity going forward like I remember him doing some years ago. I wonder what his take is on agriculture right now with all the farmer protests happening in Europe.

Rogers is smart. Lives in China with his family.

Lives in China with his family

I'm pretty sure he lives in Singapore.

Slow internet day for me so I have a lotta time on my hands ....................

In the vid Jim mentions 2 books, Intelligent Investor & Money Game.

For anyone interested here's a link to Intelligent Investor.

"His daughters speak fluent Mandarin to prepare them for the future. He said, "If you were smart in 1807, you moved to London, if you were smart in 1907, you moved to New York City, and if you are smart in 2007, you move to Asia."[13]

In a CNBC interview with Maria Bartiromo broadcast on May 5, 2008, Rogers said people in China are extremely motivated and driven, and that he wants to be in that type of environment so his daughters are motivated and driven. He added that this is how America and Europe used to be. He chose not to move to Chinese cities like Hong Kong or Shanghai due to high pollution potentially causing health problems for his family."

Nothing to see, can listen in one tab, surf the forum in a different tab. 36 mins long.

Jim Rogers: "Time To Worry" About China's Economic Troubles and Market Overexuberance​

Mar 14, 2024
Today, we are privileged to welcome Jim Rogers, investing legend and co-founder of the Quantum Fund, which famously returned 4200% over just 10 years.

In this episode, Jim discusses the overexuberance that he believes is ramping up in global markets in 2024. One exception to this trend is China, which is going through a period of “despair” following its real estate bubble.

Jim also mentions why he's investing in countries like Uzbekistan before sharing insights into his long/short investment strategy and the key qualities of a successful investor. Enjoy!

Jim Rogers big picture advice is be prepared​

That's also the Boy Scout motto...

Back
Top Bottom