Krugerands

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jd1123

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Anyone have a good place to buy Krugerands? Im looking to make a small purchase (one or two) and would like to walk away with the most for my money. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

I'm with Benjamen on this one. Although I am a silver guy, my LCS is often close to or even better than Apmex as regards small buys.

Thanks guys - problem is I don't have a LCS. The shipping is what's killing me. Guess I'll try to find one.

I also agree with ancona and Benjamen, a local coin store is where I get mine. He rarely is out of stock, and yeah you can call before you drive over...

If I ever get REAL DOUGH, I will have to take a look at Tulving, who offers really low premiums all things considered (but 20 oz Au minimum).

Appreciate it. This thread may be taking a turn here, but maybe someone can shed some light. Note I have not invested in physical gold before (only silver) and I am looking for some pointers.

I like the Krugerrands because they're mixed with other less maleable metals and seem less prone to damage, but they seem to command a higher premium than some other bullion (private mint bars, Kangaroos). Does this make a difference in durability?

When you buy gold coins do they usually come sealed?

Thanks.

As with most coins, there are two versions - proof and bullion. Proof coins might be sealed, but bullion generally is not.

Appreciate the help everyone. Ended up getting Mex 50 instead (lower premium).

I just bought a Krugerrand

But it's kind of creeping me out.

Attachments

• Kruger.jpg
    Kruger.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom