Kunstler

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jay

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
snip:
The result eventually will be the complete implosion of the medical racket and a return to a very primitive clinic system, with payment in chickens or cords of stove-wood.

note: my personal doctor already takes chickens and american silver eagles. All the other doctors in the clinic have opted for early retirement, as they had to wait two years on payment from the government and it just wasn't worth it anymore....

good read:
http://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/two-forces-and-three-bears/

Even though he is an ultra liberal sycophant, JHK can write a good story. We had a thread a while back that wandered in to JHK, and I think I mentioned two of his books, A world Made By Hand and The Witch of Hebron. These were two [I think] entertaining books that sort of detail a life without electricity and a cobbled together water system. Everyone grows food, had farm animals and horses are the transportation du jour. There is a third book in the trilogy to be published by months end, so I'm sort of trapped in to reading it. I'll comment when I do.

JHK is a fellow doomer, but leans more on the peak oil, end of big cities kind of schtick which is sort of what I envision if the banks don't crater it all first. For a liberal, he sure does have a lot of libertarian ideas.

I also like the part of his site where he does the 'Eyesore of the Month', showcasing reader submitted architectural abominations around the country. Many of them are hilarious, and some are just a sad commentary of our twisted society.

further down in his screed, in the comment section, is an excellent video worth watching:

and on the doomer note, to the greatest surprise for me, I have been exonerated in a sense. My morbidly obese co-worker, whos wife is a HUGE RN, has been listening to my rants through her husband for years now. All of a sudden at work today, he said my wife is starting to research aspertame, flouride, and vaccines and all that stuff you talk about. She doesn't trust them (she has apparently developed womens MS from aspertame consumption).

Back
Top Bottom