Legal Tender

11C1P

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
Yes, but it's 90% silver, just like a pre-'65 coin, so I'd treat it that way and not drop it in a coke machine. I have several rolls of them. Every now and then APMEX had the "imperfect" ones for less than regular pre-65 junk silver and I would snatch up a couple rolls every time.

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Reaction score
The Mint sold proof coins in rolls? I thought they generally cased proof coins in plastic for display / protection.

11C1P

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
The Mint sold proof coins in rolls? I thought they generally cased proof coins in plastic for display / protection.
I don't know if the mint sold them like that or not, like I said, I got mine from APMEX and the were ones that were called "impaired". The first couple rolls I opened to examine and most of them I couldn't find much if anything wrong with, and some had minor scratches or pitting, etc. As I was just buying them for junk silver value, and they were selling them for cheaper than I could buy pre-'65 junk silver for, I was happy to get them. Here is a link to them, but they are not available right now.

http://www.apmex.com/product/37167/10-proof-quarters-90-silver-40-coin-roll-impaired

The picture shows a bag, but all of mine have arrived in a roll.