Libertad Currency

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

It probably is legal tender

The same way an ASE is. It's minted by the gub'ment, it's got a denomination, so it's legal tender. You could theoretically spend it on a Big Mac at Mickey D's. Of course, that would be the Mount Rushmore of stupid, but you could do it.

I have one oled Libertad and it is simply a government issued bullion round. They are pretty cool, and since I bought it exclusively for that reason, I keep it on display rather than locked up in the dark. Sometimes I simply 'want' a certain round so i buy one. those with higher premiums I usually avoid, but I do like to have at least one of each major issue bullion coin. Part of it is just for fun and part of it is silver OCD.

I looked it up in Wikipedia (y'know, they can't print it on the internet unless it's the truth) and the Libertad (of today, anyway) is not "legal tender" in Meheeco. Shoulda done that before wasting yalls time.
Thanks

I do that, too. I bought a Britannia and a Philharmonic cause I thought they looked nice.

I bought an actual piece of eight (8 reales) from the late 1700's, and it got lost in the mail. The ONLY time I've ever had anything lost in the mail. The dealer had me fill out some paperwork and sent the equivalent in silver, but I wanted that coin! I did buy some pandas a while back, cause they were way cool.

I've never bought a bar before... hmmmmm....

I did buy some pandas a while back, cause they were way cool.

Yea, I think Pandas look good. But I think the fact that it's from China and I don't think there's anything the Chinese won't counterfeit would stop me from buying one. Maybe the only way to make sure it's all silver would be to drill a hole in it, thereby destroying it's value (as a coin anyway).

Yea, I think Pandas look good. But I think the fact that it's from China and I don't think there's anything the Chinese won't counterfeit would stop me from buying one. Maybe the only way to make sure it's all silver would be to drill a hole in it, thereby destroying it's value (as a coin anyway).

I think it was 2004 when I bought the pandas, before the counterfeit thing became cool. Unfortunately, they were in the boat when it sank, so I can't look at them to check the date....

I like the Libertad and they can be had in different size/weights, too. I'm currently buying the occasional Scottsdale rounds in different sizes also. I know the price is almost double for the less than ozt, but I predict silver to go through the roof one of these days (probably sooner than later) and I feel pretty confident I'll recoup my investment.

Back
Top Bottom