local election

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I am depressed, annoyed and frustrated- in part with local politics.
On November 5th we hope to replace our mayor who served 24 years. He
was good at one time- but he changed. He thinks he is a king. You
dare not disagree with him. He is installing 200 cameras, he renamed
the sports complex after himself, he pushed the police chief to do
seat belt check points, most of all-- he cited a 23 acres hazardous
waste frack dump right along the river. We spent millions fixing our
river up- and bill the area as a fishing and boating destination; and
in fact have lured a nice chunk of tourist cash from the state
capital- Harrisburg- as we have the better location. I understand
the corruption goes all the way up to the governors office. The
newspaper is owned out of New York- and they decide the content and
editorial- and have pressured reporters to tow the line- FOR FRACKING.
Right now there is no term limits. In the Spring we ran a lady- and
she ended up with a competitive vote- but did not win. Now we are
running a guy who is on city council and has around 30 years
experience in matter at the local level- he has name recognition. Now
ponder that I grew up in Chicago- where corruption was invented and
what I am seeing here is as bad and worse per capita. This week
things took a turn for the worse- yesterday I posted to an old
neighbor for many hours- explaining the issues- this broke down- to
personal attacks- and I said he could treat his younger daughter
better. He told me not to talk about his children. He brought it up
tho- he said he moved out of this block to get away from me, because I
was terrible to all the children. He moved, sticking the landlord
with several months rent and a substantial amount of garbage and
damage to that apartment. When he moved he took the furniture he was
renting and never told the rental place- so in effect- he stole the
furniture. I then asked if he allows his daughter to go to Sunday
school. At that point he blew up and threatened me- apparently he is
going to try to have me arrested. Once the tension hit that point- I
blocked him. (we think he removed our campaign signs near his house)
So the day wears on- and we had a meet the candidates rally in the
park- so this was announced in that group. Are you sitting down for
this? The paid city clerk, for the city- posted- dumb and dumber.
(3 people liked her smear) I heard she is best friends with the mayors
wife. Local politics has become disgusting. A good number of folks
want our king mayor so badly- they do not care about being the
transfer hub for frack waste of the state. We sunk millions $ into
improving our river and now fracking is being sited here by our king.
People see the nice improvements and the city does look nice- but are
fixated that we need a king. We have a small blog and post stories on
it- and a small but fierce local crowd reads and watches the every
move and comment of this blog. If the main newspaper did its job- we
would not even need our blog. But as I mentioned fracking interests
own it- and the corruption goes clear up to the Governor. I think it
is ego and arrogant for the mayor to name the ball field after
himself. This was not a case where he donated millions $ to a
building to have a wing named after him- no. In fact- he uses city
funds, personal and resources to enrich his personal finances. If
this were properly investigated he would face civil or criminal
penalties.

COPS BLINDSIDED BY CAMERA FIASCO
OCTOBER 20TH, 2013

$100,000 in Grant Money Unaccounted For
Had Mayor Pxxx formed a committee from the criminal element to advise on his camera installation, they might have come up with the following suggestions:

Delay the project as long as he could.
Waste half the money on useless equipment
Buy as few cameras as possible
Recommended someone they knew to do the installation work
Install them in places such as the Riverfront and Swimming Pool where there is no criminal activity
Hide the feeds from the police department – the City Barn might be a good place for that
Don’t even tell the police where the cameras are
xxx security cameras now all over the city
Big Brother – xxx Style
They might have also added to their wish list the request to isolate the Chief of Police and starve his department of the funding and manpower needed to effectively fight crime in xxx.

Bungling Incompetence Exposed

Far-fetched? Just look at what has happened in our city. Even the Daily Item exposed the bungling incompetence of those tasked with the management of this project, and laid bare the total lack of effective leadership in City Hall.

The project was delayed by 4 years.
Half the money is unaccounted for.
There are only 50 installed cameras out of the originally promised 200
The cameras have been installed in low or no crime areas throughout the City
Our Police Department do not have access to live feeds – this privilege is reserved for members of the Public Works Department.
The police do not appear to even have a list of camera locations

Councilman xxx is the only member of the City Council who can hold his head up high. Joe has been the voice of reason throughout this entire debacle, and has consistently opposed the Big Brother concept behind xxx’s 200 cameras.

He voted against the proposal when it was first made, and over the course of the last few months, has been almost totally excluded by the others from the decision making process. This is not democracy. Far from it.

This is nothing short of dictatorship – the way that Pxx has always preferred to run our city.

As Joe said, “I guess when Pxxx says to vote on something they all just listen. That might be good enough for Snyder and the rest of them, but it is not good enough for me!”

It is time to show the dictator the door. Elect Joe xxx Mayor on November 5th.

I submitted 50 questions for wkok- they used just one of them, when they had over 40 minutes. I could have done a better job- and you know what? I might.

I have just one week before my bankruptcy is final. I am pondering calling my realtor and telling her I will pay her 3% to sell my house to xxxx and/or xxxxx. She is capable of navigating the first time home buyer programs. If I can get a decent amount- I would sell. Even with out a new place lined up. I could put the profit into a bigger stack and rent. Then when PMs rise I could then buy something. I am not too attached to this particular house- and lately- leaving this town- seems like an option. I do not know if I would put the cash into gold or silver. If I rent- that means others will have a key.

Timing is important. We said 500 oz of silver historically = an average house- so you see my strategy. I am not tied to this area per se. Not tied to any school district. I do want to stay in PA- tho would consider being somewhere else for a few months.

Penn,
don't do ANYTHING with the house until 6 months after the bankruptcy. They can and will monitor your bank activity between the bankruptcy hearing and around six to eight months out. If they see any movement of money, they can and will claw it back to pay creditors. You have to be patient man, patient.

Last edited:
Penn,
don't do ANYTHING with the house until 6 months after the bankruptcy. They can and will monitor your bank activity between the bankruptcy hearing and around six to eight months out. If they see any movement of money, they can and will claw it back top pay creditors. You have to be patient man, patient.

I appreciate and will take your advice. Thanks!!

// so the mayor and our guy for city council both get a talk radio
interview slot of 1 hour. I submitted a list of 10 questions- suited especially for them.

..also the amount I would like to get for it- would net me higher then the exemption. I conveyed to you that set of numbers and details.

I figured I needed 2 years to get another mortgage- but some places may do rent to own- or I could simply rent.

My brother is going to flip that house in FL- so- he had told me if I see a house that I must have he would co-sign- or loan me cash. I told him- if I ever do that it has to be a sweet steal deal.

Actually things have gotten so stupid- stuff I cant post on a public board- I changed a screen name.

I would agree with Amigo Ancona about keeping your head low until you can get out of Dodge or otherwise insulate yourself from the local .gov parasites.

When I moved to our relatively rich suburb of Miami I was told by the guy who has since become my best friend here (well, there, still in Lima now) that the town "was like a small town in Alabama", meaning full of cronyism and similar.

It looks like almost all politics, top-to-bottom, is just filthy corrupt. And I guess it is all getting worse as our system rots. Not the America I remember growing up in...

Great rant Penn!

Last edited:
The main source of the problem is fracking.

I could over look the mayor robbing the city- to a point.

I am satisfied with the questions I wrote up for the radio program. Listen to this- some one actually dug up - that I took a first time home owner grant- and posted this -on facebook. This was 7 years ago. Who the heck digs around on people like that?

Why does someone have the urge or intention to even look that up?

Anyhow- I have "updated" my facebook name. I also did some deleting.

Who looks that kind of stuff up? I'll tell you who, the people you are challenging that currently enjoy their status of elected official, that's who.

Be careful who you fuck with and which name you use when you do it. I find that people are more terrified of someone who uses their real name than any other living being. Our local paper is pretty good about publishing editorials that are written by regular folks, so I often send them stuff. I get letters from our congressmen and senators when stuff is published that matches their agenda, which means I get them often. I really don't have much competition because most of the folks who write letters to the editor here are old cranks bitching about something or the other. When I write something, I write in my usual style without the "F Bombs" but just as hard.

That said, if someone is digging up old shit to look for dirt, challenge them in public, you will be amazed how quickly people will withdraw when confronted directly and challenged to a debate on nearly any subject. I have NEVER been taken up on that challenge, and I've been writing to the editor for fifteen years.

Last edited:
I been in bed that last day or do.

So I submitted 10 questions to the mayor and another person for the radio show.

I am still getting the low down. But get this- recall that it is illegal to ride my bike on the river. The mayor was asked about this. He blames the former mayor that was in office 8 years ago. What a laugh! Those signs were up 6 months ago! Not 8 year ago.

Honestly I cant stand the sound of his voice- maybe there is a link to the transcript of the interview.

Getting caught up here.

On my city council candidate- the radio used none of my questions- but did an ok job with the interview.

On the incumbent mayor I submitted 10 questions- 2 were used. An easy question- yes- the city is audited--

The other I asked if I would be arrested for riding my bike along the river. He said no. He blamed the former mayor- even tho there is a sign that went up 6 month ago. The news guy - wondered too- as he was told he and his wife had committed an illegal act of bike riding. I noticed the mayor used up alot of time with jingoistic feel good lines- city of any town speal.

They pretty much glossed over the frack dump issues. Like it is a non issue.

Well that did not last long.

My brother now says he is going to keep the house in Florida.

This is from the gal we ran in the primary..

==================
MAYOR DAVID AND HIS POSSE
OCTOBER 31ST, 2013

I don’t think I am alone in finding it strange that Mayor David thought it necessary to divert two of our police officers from their normal duties of protecting our citizens in order to accompany him while campaigning in the Market House last Saturday. It may not have been his intent, but many people found their presence to be intimidating, and kept well clear.

The question has to be asked, Why? Why divert our hard working officers from their regular duties at a time when reports indicate they are unable to deal with more than 50% of the calls which come their way.

Does Mayor David feel threatened walking the streets of our City these days? Does he believe that he has upset so many people that his safety in Sxxx can no longer be guaranteed? This despite all the many improvements he claims to have introduced during his long reign?

If it is no longer safe for political candidates to be out on their own, then how about extending the same courtesy to his rival for Mayor – Councilman Bxxxx? I am sure he is in more need of it than our illustrious leader.

Primary Harassment
Indeed I could have done with some police protection myself during the spring Primary. I remember one night in particular when I was accosted right outside the City Council Meeting Room by two Pxxxx supporters, both of whom are now in the race to become City Councilmen. Dale xx and Ric xxx tried to be intimidating, backed me against a wall, with both of them pointing fingers in my face while circling around like wolverines and rudely questioning my right to even be there.

I repeatedly asked them not to place their fingers in my face as they continued to invade my personal space. Finally I threw up my palms up in protest and projected loudly, “Boys and their toys” and walked confidently to the elevator. They had looks of “disbelief” on their faces.

This incident, while it lasted, was somewhat disconcerting, and clearly illustrated their contempt for members of the opposite sex, with tactics of intimidation and bullying at its finest. I got the distinct impression that they both firmly believed that my place should be far from City Hall – in fact stuck in a kitchen somewhere. This is a message I want to get out to all women voters in Sxx. Think long and hard before casting your vote for either of these two characters.

Vote for Joe
As for me, J, I have certainly not gone away. I am sticking around and will continue to closely monitor and question the activities of our elected officials.

xxxx has my firm support in his bid to become our next Mayor. I believe his election will be the first step in a long process of restoring the fortunes of my home city, which are currently at such a low ebb, and helping it become once more a vibrant community, where people will want to move to and settle and raise their families.

Make it happen. Vote for changes in Sxxx. Vote Bxx, Qxxx and Bxxx Tuesday, November 5th.

I dunno, Penn... It looks like you would be happier not involving yourslef in local politics. I keep my own head down.

I did once ask the Fire Department in my town (9000) if I could borrow and H2S (very poisonous gas) detection meter to check a badly constructed sewage pump station. It poisoned a friend of mine (who is suing the scheiss out of the town, it destroyed a lot of his brain and other organs)... The Fire Department declined to let me borrow one...

Public servants, mi culo!

Some one shoot me. This mess keeps getting worse.

I did want a break from it- yes. So I tried other thing that interest me. Those folks are busy- wrapped up in their own life.

Tonight the city employee is on running her mouth. I am asked by our candidate to run flyers door to door. For some reason I dont want to do that. It is not having a terrible BM- and then once you do it is running stool all day to have to change underwear 3x.

I am so- in a mental place where I dont want to think about it right now- that I pondered calling Jenny if anything it gets my mind off of my stuff.

BTW- teh court house was on lock down due to a b threat.

Today is the election.

It does not look good.

Hey Penn

Russell Brand ( outspoken but deep thinking comedian) has ignited a serious discussion on mainstream media here in Blighty.
As a result of his interview with Jeremy Paxman on mainstream primetime tv, when he said dont vote for any of em as its all corrupt and only serving the banks and corporates.

Heres a link to the interview and his thoughts on what has happened since -

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/nov/05/russell-brand-democratic-system-newsnight

I dunno, Penn... It looks like you would be happier not involving yourslef in local politics. I keep my own head down.

mi culo!

this isn't the exact same kind of public politics you are referring to, but here goes:
some number of years ago, Burnet, Texas high school football team went to state. We broke a kids neck on the other team, and he was paralyzed (a quad) for life. A big fund raising drive was started, of which perhaps 150,000 dollars were raised for the kid. At the same time, a poor spanish lady who is a friend of my wife was going to pick up her husband at the local cement plant. A car rear ended her on the local state highway and pushed her into oncoming traffic where she was hit head on by a driver at 70 mph. Her two children (at the time 6 and eight) were put into comas. I printed a letter on my computer and went around town putting it on everyones door in an attempt to raise money to help them. Out of five thousand people, we got twenty dollars. Even then I worked in the produce department of our local grocery store, and I overheard two women arguing which could raise more money for the football guy. I was absolutely livid.

epilogue: Katies kids came out of the coma and she eventually used the insurance money to buy their land they were renting and poured it into the family. The football never regained any use of any of his facilities. And I was in a coma ten years ago, and the town raised an incredible amount of money, several times, for my wife. So I have never come to grips with this, except to think that life sure is fickle. And politics suck.

Profoundly depressed over the election.

Profoundly depressed over the election.

I have come to the conclusion that the only positive outcome you can hope for is a paralyzed government, where both sides are constantly fighting with each other, and nobody has control. It's how our system is supposed to work. :cheers:

People are so brain washed the only thing they will understand is a complete currency collapse.

24 seconds of our selected statesman.

Back
Top Bottom