Long Term Food -

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

prepper_momma_71

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
I found these from online ads thought i'd share...great prices, however I'd like to know if anyone has found better prices on long term "bulk food" purchases

harmonyhousefoods.com/?gclid=COSPvpP0lK8CFQlbhwodm2o9xQ

nitro-pak.com/products/food-storage/survival-foods?gclid=CLeX8Y70lK8CFcQaQgodhC2Pjw

Does anyone know of other "discount" sites for long term food. Please post or message me, I'm stocking up while I still can !

www.efoodsdirect.com

They routinely have sales/discounts and sell food in different sized units depending on the amount of time you want to have food for, like week/month/year packages. If you want to see what's on sale, call them and they'll help you out.

I've eaten a few of the meals and they are pretty good.

Also, if you browse around in here a little more, I think there may already be a thread about long term food.

Most areas have an LDS cannery. They are quite reasonable and follow the strictest standards for sanitation.

Well........back to long term food for a minute........we had lunch at the office today. We had fish that cost me a realized 1.22 a pound [coho salmon by God!], wax beans with a light butter sauce thickened with a bit of flour, sliced tomatoer with balsamic vineagar and a thin bit of fresh mozzarella and a homemade bernaise sauce for the fish, which was cooked with lemon pepper and fresh dill weed. The salad was fresh garden greens including a little bit of spinach, light leaf lettuce and a little bit of spring greens, served with oil and vineagar. The beans were from the year before last folks, and they were fantastic. The fish, I got from a good friend on "another" gold/silver chat site, which I "paid" with a silver round.

The whole meal "cost" about 80 cents a plate.

I'm just saying......... ;-)

Yup, a garden is the best long term food there is - canned or fresh, if things are such that the garden isn't radioactive or has to be abandoned for some other reason. I love mine - some years I get more in and out than others.

For other stuff, I just buy canned and other long keeping food, pack pasta, rice, beans and such in ammo boxes with inert atmosphere, and cycle through the inventory.

This is cost effective much more than the freeze dried prepper stuff. It gives you a reason to take advantage of the case-lot sales at the store, often half price or under.
And you're eating food at 6 months ago prices...just pull some demand forward.

Back
Top Bottom