Los Angeles Today -- Shocking

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Portland and Seattle are largely the same. I'd bet most large blue cities in America are in a similar situation.

Look for pictures at Venice Beach. In LA it's common to find overpasses that have encampments under them.

a key campaign message for one of the candidates for mayor is how quickly (3 months) he will build housing facilities for tens of thousands of homeless (at taxpayer expense of course, but that little tidbit and the cost are not mentioned in his ads). BTW - he used to be an R, now he's campaigning as a D. I guess he figured out how the voting machine algorithms work :)

a key campaign message for one of the candidates for mayor is how quickly (3 months) he will build housing facilities for tens of thousands of homeless (at taxpayer expense of course, but that little tidbit and the cost are not mentioned in his ads). BTW - he used to be an R, now he's campaigning as a D. I guess he figured out how the voting machine algorithms work :)
Mayor of Denver John Hickenlooper July 21, 2003–January 12, 2011

Pushed through a bill to fund and end homelessness in Denver in 10 years.

Denver’s homeless population count hits 14-year record​

by: DJ Summers
Posted: Oct 24, 2022

DENVER (KDVR) — The homeless population in the Denver metro has increased over the past 14 years.

According to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Point-In-Time count, there were nearly 7,000 homeless people in the Denver metro on a single January night this year, a 14-year record. Advocates say these counts understate the case and there may be as many as 30,000 unhoused people in the metro area.

Back
Top Bottom